Jack_in_VA to IowaMudRider

Premium Member

to IowaMudRider
Iowa that is great. I know you are a happy camper
Jack_in_VA

Jack_in_VA to IowaMudRider

Premium Member

to IowaMudRider
You're doing better than I am with 2 bars. My tower is loaded down I think. Speed varies depending on time of day. 3G has been that way on my wife's account and it appears the LTG is no different. Not the up is fairly good along with the ping. My phone has 4 bars EVDO 3 bars 1XRtt.

Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

no problems over here Jack:
IowaMudRider
join:2013-09-12
Montrose, IA

IowaMudRider

yeah im definitely a happy camper... now to mess with it! anyone got a good 4g LTE antenna recommendation for Verizon jetpack?
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

this is where Max needs to join the conversation ... he is a antenna guy

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

I tried my tombstone on it and it doesn't do anything. 34% RSSI and -113 dBm signal here.
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal to IowaMudRider

Premium Member

to IowaMudRider
The antenna sold by Millenicom is very good and will make you very happy . For an independent 3rd party test go to www.jackdanmayer.com . In his communications section there is a cell phone antenna test
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned) to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
your old one does not cover 700 MHz ... the new one does. I'd get Max's antenna

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

Ok that answers the question
Jack_in_VA

Jack_in_VA to Max Signal

Premium Member

to Max Signal
Max does it require mounting on a metal magnetic base?
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

even better in Prime Time:

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

I moved it to the porch

Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

yup, Iowa should move his around the house to find the sweet spot

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

2 edits

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

Click for full size
Moved it again: Only 2 miles but not line of sight.

sjutton
join:2012-04-16
Simpsonville, SC

sjutton

We are back up also. Fired up! After I hooked to the antenna, went from 2 bars to 3 bars right away.

61ms ping, 7.72 Mbps down, , 9.42 Mbps up......YES!
Max Signal
Premium Member
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal to Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jack_in_VA
yes , any 8 x8 inch metal surface will do . i.e circular saw blade , filing cabinet , fridge , pizza pan etc.
IowaMudRider
Montrose, IA

IowaMudRider

im moving it around the house as we speak
is a higher or lower sinr desired?
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

higher
IowaMudRider
Montrose, IA

IowaMudRider

anyway to get it to update rssi in real time?
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

all you have in real time is the bars on the LED. You would need to open the admin page in a browser to get more info
funnygurl3
join:2008-01-03
Lakeside, CA

funnygurl3 to IowaMudRider

to IowaMudRider
Iowa, I'm glad you got your modem before the holiday hit!

As far as the whole website bit, this is what I got when I asked about how to check data usage:

Select "Products" then click on the highlighted link in the drop down menu.
Click on the specific package that you are inquiring about, then scroll down to the "Usage" field.

You may also submit a Usage ticket from your members account at www.millenicom.com or simply email usage@millenicom.com for current usage information.

Millenicom does not have an agreement with our upstream carrier to utilize any of their resources other than their national footprint. Please do not attempt to utilize any usage information other than the methods listed above.

Please note that you will receive an email notification if there is an issue with your usage. It is very important that the contact email you have provided is one you check regularly as you will need to respond promptly if you receive notice of a usage concern.

So I probably won't push my luck with checking on Verizon, though I wish they'd sort a way to list it without the hassle. Hopefully one day! I think our higher months here at home were when we were loading biggy files so it shouldn't be too horrible. Doh. I hope! Other than that, I've not had any major issues other than it disconnecting every 30 minutes to save battery life when it assumes I went dormant, but I managed to shut that off and will have to do it manually. I love that they sent the larger battery pack.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

3 edits

Jack_in_VA to Jim_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jim_in_VA
said by Jim_in_VA:

likely Millenicom does not want any account holder to be asking Verizon for technical support. Just checking data use does not interact with anyone at Verizon, its all automated. I have an old Millenicom UM175 which is still active. When I fire up VZAccess the first window that pops up is "Data Used", I don't request it, Verizon just tells me automatically

Just being curious I checked Faye's UM175 Vz Smartview. When it connects it goes to the Vz site and pulls up the latest usage data. No way Vz would have a problem with checking the Hotspot since it's automated.

In my wife's case there is no way to stop it from accessing the Vz usage data. I would say that Millenicom never changed it from when they only offered Sprint as it couldn't possibly apply to the current Vz wireless (smartview) operation.
DS1192
join:2010-07-16
La Crosse, WI

1 edit

DS1192 to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
All I did was quote an article, and leave a link, not one word was said by me. I simply provided the information, I could care less what you do with Verizon's resources. Trust me, I have better things to do.

I wasn't really saying don't, it was a reply to the subject of the matter. But if you have a problem with people telling you what to do, which I wasn't, why do you attack criggs for being on here when he is with Wn'W, implying that you are suggesting he leave? It's a Millenicom forum, he was a former customer, he can post here all he wants. These things don't go one way.
IowaMudRider
Montrose, IA

IowaMudRider

Even with a poor 4g LTE signal (RSSI -111 and SNR 4db) i just completed a 1 and a half hour gaming session and it was way more stable and playable then Sprint 3g ever was...

When i get time i'll get the 5db antenna from Millenicom and turn this connection into a Proper Hotrod

Ping is 70ms with a jitter of just 5ms... sprint lets not even discuss that sorry ping

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

Remember faster downloads means reaching the 20 GB Cap faster. I doubt if Millenicom will be as lenient with Verizon as they apparently were with Sprint. They can't afford to lose the Verizon.

Diugo
@blackberry.net

Diugo

Anon

> I doubt if Millenicom will be as lenient with Verizon

By lenient, do you mean inattentive?
IowaMudRider
Montrose, IA

IowaMudRider to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
Since i have 2 different connections and one of them is unlimited at night, im not really concerned about going over the 20gb cap
nogaps
join:2011-01-08
Greenbush, MI

nogaps to Max Signal

to Max Signal
said by Max Signal:

yes , any 8 x8 inch metal surface will do . i.e circular saw blade , filing cabinet , fridge , pizza pan etc.

Max,

I bought the Millenicom antenna and have it mounted on a circular saw blade. It's working great. I noticed this verbiage on the Millenicom page for that antenna, though. "Omni Polarization Magnetic Mount 5db 13inch External Antenna, Ground Plane Built in...."

»millenicom.com/accessories/

Saw blade needed or no?

Thanks.
Max Signal
Premium Member
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

Ground plane is needed