Search similar:

uniqs
MOFIMAN
join:2010-02-11
Concord, ON

MOFIMAN to krenn

to krenn

Re: Problems with 4G Mifi 4620L Device

I was testing the MOFI3500 4G/LTE router this weekend with the 4620 and I noticed that on the LCD of the 4620, sometimes, it would say dormant but this did not effect anything? Everything kept working as normal,
Most of the time it does say 4G LTE Connected when I am on LTE so not sure if the dormant mode means anything when it is in the router?

I drove from NY City to Buffalo with about 8 devices connected all the way and when from 3G to LTE and back but connection I found extremely stable and fast. Note that I am testing this with Verizon service and got it on Friday when it also did a firmware update (said mandatory update).
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

yeah, I just got one of these routers, still checking it out. like the idea of changing out the antennas for more gain

vobguy
A fool with a tool is still a fool
Premium Member
join:2003-01-21
Mineral, VA

vobguy to sundrop74

Premium Member

to sundrop74
I attached my old ARC Omnidirectional antenna I used to use for for my Franklin USB stick to my Jetpack.

Seemed to help a LOT, and SNR was setting around 12.

Suddenly, today, nothing changed, but I am getting SINR of 0 or 1, and lots of slowdowns .. now it is at 4, which is where it was at before attaching the antenna.

But, the RSSI is still about 8 points better. Not sure what the deal is with all the noise.
IowaMudRider
join:2013-09-12
Montrose, IA

IowaMudRider

The noise is probably coming from a house of kids who just got new smartphones if i had to guess