Search similar:

uniqs

DrZEUS
join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

RT-N66U Reboot Schedule

Hello,

I am running stock firmware on my RT-N66U and was wondering if there is a way to schedule a daily reboot of my router? I would rather keep stock firmware instead of flashing with tomato or dd-wrt, if possible.

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

SoonerAl

MVM

Click for full size
said by DrZEUS:

Hello,

I am running stock firmware on my RT-N66U and was wondering if there is a way to schedule a daily reboot of my router? I would rather keep stock firmware instead of flashing with tomato or dd-wrt, if possible.

Why the need to reboot the router on a daily basis?

I have a RT-N66R (same router but from Best Buy) and have only rebooted it twice since I purchased it back in July. I don't even remember why I rebooted it. FWIW I run the stock firmware that was installed at the factory.

DrZEUS
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

For some reason my VOIP loses connectivity very frequently and a simple router reboot brings it back alive. Instead of finding out my VOIP line is dead and manually rebooting the router to get it back up and running, I want to schedule a daily reboot so I would not have to do this manually any more.
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

said by DrZEUS:

For some reason my VOIP loses connectivity very frequently and a simple router reboot brings it back alive. Instead of finding out my VOIP line is dead and manually rebooting the router to get it back up and running, I want to schedule a daily reboot so I would not have to do this manually any more.

I have the exact same issue. After a period of time, the SIP connection would no longer connect until the RT-N66U was rebooted. This happens with both the OEM Asus firmware as well as the Asus based Merlin firmware.

DrZEUS
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

decx what voip provider are you using? I am with VOIP.ms
decx
Premium Member
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

Same here, but on the Seattle server. But it's definitely a RT-N66U issue my various other routers don't have the same issue.

DrZEUS
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

what firmware and version you running?
decx
Premium Member
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

3.0.0.4.270.26 (Merlin build)

It's a older version but I haven't had the chance to update it as I'm accessing it remotely at present.

DrZEUS
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

mine is older

what is the merlin build?
decx
Premium Member
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

It's a third party firmware built from Asus' official firmware.
»www.lostrealm.ca/tower/node/79

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

SoonerAl to DrZEUS

MVM

to DrZEUS
said by DrZEUS:

The only way I can think of how to do that is looking at a programmable timer of some sort to turn off power briefly then turn power back on. This is one example that may or may not work...

»www.amazon.com/Digital-T ··· tDetails

clarknova
join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB

clarknova to DrZEUS

to DrZEUS
Wouldn't adjusting your TCP timeouts fix this disconnection problem? Does the ASUS firmware allow you to do this?

DrZEUS
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS

No clue lol