how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TIROS

join:2013-11-04
United State

[Troubleshooting] Home Fusion Data Usage Problem

Data usage on my Home Fusion is extremely HIGH. Tech Support can only verify that it is happening but, can not help you the owner of the system. My Data Usage has jumped from 1GB to over 10GB Which drives the cost up high.

Verizon Tech Support will not answer the problem do to Privacy [My Own System] but, the NSA can do what they want.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:1

Although the ISP is different, this link might help with some ideas on how to troubleshoot one possible problem.

»[CT] Watch Your Wifi Networks!

IowaMudRider

join:2013-09-12
Montrose, IA
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
·Millenicom
·WildBlue
reply to TIROS

I think homefusions LTE Speeds allow for HD video, so if you watch youtube at all, even those small videos that you may at one time have been watching at 360p, can go all the way up to 1080p which can really eat through your data quickly..

Figured that out when my exede was using so much data in my first month compared to my older slower connection, and it was because of those youtube videos going to a higher quality.

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA
reply to TIROS

It's a common complaint of many customers, even with the home fusion router disconnected. Try it and see, its verizons dirty little secret

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

said by tdumaine:

It's a common complaint of many customers, even with the home fusion router disconnected. Try it and see, its verizons dirty little secret

The very reason that caps and overages for their current price are a joke while their service meters just make up usage numbers as it pleases.. If they are going to charge per gigabyte like this, then they shouldn't be allowed to round up data any higher than a "bit".. Cause that crap adds up way tooo fast otherwise and unfortunately there will have to be a major public outcry to get the fcc to step in and regulate this (which is a shame that they even would have to imo)

TIROS

United State
reply to TIROS

I decided to file an FCC complaint. Believe it or not in 3 weeks I received a call [Dec. 5, 2013]from the Maryland Executive Office Of Verizon [Avram Polinsky].

I related the problem:
1. Data Usage creeps up!
2. What IP Addresses are causing the high usage?
3. Do not use streaming video!!
4. Do not download Video!!
5. Do not download iTunes!!
6. I am a pilot and only use Text messages and basic 1/2 page flight plan text entry.
7. I mentioned that this Router is made in Vietnam and they seem to control when updates are done. I am not sure Tech Support really understands this Home Fusion Router.

Responses:
1. It is coming from my computer
2. It is something on my system
3. Would not supply IP addresses, just stated that 80 percent of my Hi-Data was from Domains like Google, Yahoo.com, Chrome.
4. He would not even discuss having a Verizon Engineer stop by and look at Home Fusion. I told him do not send those Third Party contractors as they are worthless, no little about the Router and are happy to leave after they see you can get on the Internet.
5. Informed him that Verizon has sent 6 Router and Installed 3 Cantennas, that did not phase him in the slightest.
6. Said he would setup telephone contact with Technical Support!!
7. My comment, you receive Tech support from all over the Country and everyone interpolates the database differently.
8. Most Tech Support calls are never to completion, 2 or 3 call backs and that is the end.
9. I am wondering if I keep sending in Complaints will the FCC render any assistance???

I hope that anyone that has some suggestions will feed back to me as there are few choices with Verizon!!!!

davidhoffman
Premium
Warner Robins, GA

Run Spybot on your computers, if you have not done so already. »www.safer-networking.org/

You may have to abandon Verizon Home Fusion and change to a company like Millenicom »millenicom.com/plans/#hotspot-plan. You would need to purchase and install your own external antenna system. The advantage is that you control the router selection and may be better able to monitor what is going into and out of your network.

TIROS

United State

Will check millenicom in our area.
Anything would be better than Verizon and there failure to really answer the Customer

davidhoffman
Premium
Warner Robins, GA

Be advised that Millenicom is a reseller of Verizon services. The idea is to get away from the Home Fusion equipment that may be causing the problem. Routers that are possibly causing trouble. I have used Millenicom in the past with my own equipment and had no overages such as you have seen with Home Fusion. I tend not to like routers or gateways supplied by ISPs.

pioneer56

join:2008-03-21
Michigan
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to TIROS

Millenicom doesn't use Home Fusion equipment, so it would solve your undocumented usage problems. They use the MiFi's instead. If you go that route, I would pick up a cheap UML290 of ebay and put the sim from the Mifi they give you in that and a Cradlepoint router.

davidhoffman
Premium
Warner Robins, GA

Ebay? Too many thieves, con artists, crooks, counterfeiters and other criminals in that community for me.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
Reviews:
·Millenicom

said by davidhoffman:

Ebay? Too many thieves, con artists, crooks, counterfeiters and other criminals in that community for me.

Just on a little higher plane than Craigslist.

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
reply to davidhoffman

said by davidhoffman:

Just go with a seller with good reputation. I do quite a bit on ebay and rarely have had an issue unless the seller's feedback rating is 0 or has a bunch of negative reviews.

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
reply to TIROS

It has be coming from your side, i have had HF soon be 2 years and zero ghost data.

IowaCowboy
Want to go back to Iowa
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to TIROS

Maybe you could switch out your home fusion for one of these.

I use it as a backup connection to Comcast but it will work as a primary connection if that's your only option.

davidhoffman
Premium
Warner Robins, GA

What is that? A gateway from Verizon DSL? FiOS?

IowaCowboy
Want to go back to Iowa
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

said by davidhoffman:

What is that? A gateway from Verizon DSL? FiOS?

It's a Verizon Wireless LTE Voice/Data gateway.