Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA

Napsterbater

MVM

Nice

Nice to see some progress on IPv6. If only I lived in an area better served by T-Mobile.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

It's also interesting since T-Mobile has a buttload of customers with phones that T-Mobile has neglected to update beyond ICS or even Gingerbread. Millions of devices stuck on generations-old Android versions thanks to T-Mobile.

Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA

Napsterbater

MVM

Sadly that seems to be about par for the course with a lot of carriers, not just T-Mo.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer

Premium Member

Do you know how many different kinds of Android phones there are? If you want them all to run 4.4, you go make the thousands of builds. Which, btw, will involved a great deal of code tweaking to even come close to a runable image. Then answer the millions of complaints of how INSANELY SLOW it is -- if it'll run at all in such small RAM.

(I say this as one with an old Droid Eris running 2.3. It is completely unusable for anything real. I use it as an alarm clock.)

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

I'm referring to numerous models of phones that the manufacturer and other carriers did upgrade, but T-Mobile chose NOT to upgrade. There were many HTC phones that fell into the T-Mobile abyss. So don't go blaming Android.