uniqs
Cheval
join:2004-02-08
Oklahoma

Cheval

New Customer with slow speeds on 60/4 plan

Click for full size
Click for full size
Came from uverse 12/1 and was always rock-solid. Moved to C1 60/4 and speeds are mostly much slower than I had with 12/1 on uverse. Do my modem (Motorola SB6141) stats look O.K. ?

All the cable wiring is new with no splitters (only have cable for Internet) and have checked that everything is tight, etc.

This speedtest I am posting is not as bad as some of the others... Once in awhile it will be good, even hit over 50 megs (55Mb IIRC) one time, but this is extremely rare.

I'm in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Any ideas??
fieroloki
join:2007-07-29
Van Alstyne, TX

fieroloki

PC hooked directly to the modem or have a router between?
Cheval
Oklahoma

Cheval

Click for full size
Forgot to specify more on that. Those results were on an older Linksys that I am using and it's good for about 32 megs or so. I have a new one that I will be moving to when I get it set up how I want. Most of the time it tests far below what I was getting with the same setup with uverse.

I am currently on direct connection to the modem and my computer with the results seen above. Interesting thing was the speedtest before I re-ran it (with the above results) maxed out the speedtest.net one but the cableone on the left was about 1/2. Stuff seems all over the place.

Just re-ran the Verizon test using the Reston, VA server with same results as the Dallas server.
fieroloki
Van Alstyne, TX

fieroloki to Cheval

to Cheval
I would give tech support a call and see what they can see. Could be something as simple as a provisioning issue
Cheval
Oklahoma

Cheval

Things look ok on my modem status page regarding errors and power levels?
fieroloki
Van Alstyne, TX

fieroloki

You can still be provisioned wrong or other issues on the back end.

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to Cheval

to Cheval
I would have your ISP check the cabling going to the ISP modem, check signal levels going to the ISP modem. Check for t.v. line splitters and remove them as they can introduce noise on the line and lower the signal going to the ISP modem. Connecting to the ISP modem could result in a false positive as the signal to the modem could be just enough to that point then adding on a router, could see problems. The router operation is dependent upon getting good data flow from the ISP modem and the modem is dependent upon getting good signal from the ISP Service.
Cheval
Oklahoma

Cheval

Click for full size
Click for full size
I thought I'd give an update to my problem. I didn't get around to calling up C1 right away and then the problem fixed itself and been fine ever since. No complaints. Modem errors are down to basically nothing. The modem stats are for my current uptime of 35 days. My download would have been higher but had a download in the background.

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to Cheval

to Cheval
Awesome, hopefully it was something on the line. Glad it's working. Have fun.