All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
MediaCon4
join:2013-11-02
Chillicothe, IL

MediaCon4 to kb0nly

to kb0nly

Re: Mediacom Pricing, Vaseline Required...

call your local telecom, 6mb is fairly fast, my brothers have that speed at their houses. Netflix never burps and not very expensive. 25 dollars through frontier I believe they pay. might even be less
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

frontier is flirting with doing caps and those caps are like 100gb on the 6mbit plan

Frontier has run a usage limit trial in Kingman, Ariz., Elk Grove and Palo Cedro, Calif., Mound, Minn. as well as Cookeville and Crossville, Tenn. for over a year to measure bandwidth consumption by application type. In those areas, Frontier DSL is usage capped at 100 or 250GB per month. Customers exceeding their allowance are advised to either limit usage or convert to a “high user” service plan starting at $99.99 a month.

source »stopthecap.com/tag/front ··· cations/
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

There isn't anything on that blog that points to actual proof of the capping of Frontier.
GLIMMER
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

but there are trials in those areas don't you think when they are done with those it will be rolled out system wide.
MediaCon4
Chillicothe, IL

MediaCon4 to TBBroadband

to TBBroadband
said by TBBroadband:

There isn't anything on that blog that points to actual proof of the capping of Frontier.

I just called and there is at this time no plan to cap frontier. as a business acct I am on extreme. he said no plans for residential either that he was made aware of.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to GLIMMER

to GLIMMER
But there is no actual "news" about those trials. Stop The Cap has no links no provides any actual information on those caps. That site is a total blog with "inside sources" that are actually nothing.
TBBroadband

TBBroadband to MediaCon4

to MediaCon4
Very true. There are no caps on their services. They may have a soft usage cap-like ALL cable and DSL providers, but other than that, nothing- nothing is even listed on their website in those cities are listed about having a cap when putting them into the Frontier website for services.
GLIMMER
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

hey I'm stuck with mediacom so I will take my 2TB cap and 105/10 service for 64.90 till my contract runs out. If frontier can get there bonded service to work right here I could go with that.

I just know that anything but fiber is going to have a cap sooner or later
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

I would take that as well. And Fiber will have a cap as well. It's only a matter of time unless you have a business connection or find a reseller/indie ISP to choose from. And then if you're lucky you can get Internet and OTT one one bill and no problems.
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly to MediaCon4

to MediaCon4
6mb is like dialup to me... I have friends here on Frontier and i have used their connection, its PAINFUL at best. Youtube is limited and Netflix cranks down in resolution and buffers now and then. $25 a month??? Don't think so. I service computers for a living and i am quite aware of the costs here. Intro internet with Frontier is $19.99 a month here and its SLOW, and that goes to $29.99 after your first year, i think its 3mb speed if i remember. The next step up is the 6mb for $49.99. Those are the only two speeds we have here for DSL, period. And you can't get a dry line, so you have to have local phone with it at a minimum. Sure you never need to connect a phone to the line in the house but they will give you service and a phone number for another $19.99 a month bringing your Frontier bill up to around $70 for the highest tier here. And as i said the service speed is HORRIBLE..
MediaCon4
Chillicothe, IL

MediaCon4

said by kb0nly:

6mb is like dialup to me... I have friends here on Frontier and i have used their connection, its PAINFUL at best. Youtube is limited and Netflix cranks down in resolution and buffers now and then. $25 a month??? Don't think so. I service computers for a living and i am quite aware of the costs here. Intro internet with Frontier is $19.99 a month here and its SLOW, and that goes to $29.99 after your first year, i think its 3mb speed if i remember. The next step up is the 6mb for $49.99. Those are the only two speeds we have here for DSL, period. And you can't get a dry line, so you have to have local phone with it at a minimum. Sure you never need to connect a phone to the line in the house but they will give you service and a phone number for another $19.99 a month bringing your Frontier bill up to around $70 for the highest tier here. And as i said the service speed is HORRIBLE..

My shop is frontier 7mb down. tomorrow bonded 40mb. the 7 is slow for me too but 3 systems on and god only knows what the secretary is doing. but my brothers have NO issues with the 7mb from frontier. no buffering either. tho all 3 of us are within 800 yrds of the terminal.