spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Orgish

to Orgish

Re: [Classes] You guys didn't tell me that DeathKnights were so fun!

said by Taino:

You can cast lightening bolt while moving and there is a 2 minute cd (forget what it's called) to cast while moving for 15 seconds.

Can always move while casting lightning bolt. Believe you are thinking of Spiritwalker's Grace that lets you move while casting lava bolt.
said by Cat5:

I really shouldn't be struggling to kill Timeless Isle mobs.

Fact. I leveled my Shaman up from level 82 to 90 on Timeless Isle so if I could do it at 82, you should be able to do it now. Granted at 82 the only thing I was killing were the catepillars under the trees, but the methodology remains the same. Pretend you are a hunter without a pet and keep running .

Lightning bolt on the run ftw and as you mention, the rooting totem when needed and continual use of frost shock to stay in front of the mobs. If you are going up one that is particularly strong, pop hero, cast fire elemental, flame shock, pop ascendance and spiritwalkers grace (I have them macro'd together), and spam lava bolt on the run ftw. If needed, you still have your lightning bolts and elemental. Use your roots and frost shock (or elemental) to buy time to either self heal, cast elemental blast, or lava burst.

I really, really, enjoy the elly shammy. Agree though it is different, and not as easy as a warlock on the Isle. But to be fair, the warlock on the isle is WAY OP with the blueberry that doesn't get hit with any of the fire spells. I can't think of any other class that can solo rep grind as easy as a warlock with a blueberry out. Truly, it is borderline unfair because you can just ignore the mechanics that one shot all the other classes.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by Carpie:

Agree though it is different, and not as easy as a warlock on the Isle. But to be fair, the warlock on the isle is WAY OP with the blueberry that doesn't get hit with any of the fire spells. I can't think of any other class that can solo rep grind as easy as a warlock with a blueberry out. Truly, it is borderline unfair because you can just ignore the mechanics that one shot all the other classes.

That's the trouble I'm used to DPSing and soloing as a warlock. I've been one since mid WotLK, almost all the time I've played. I've done DPS on all other classes, but never to the extent as I have on the lock, and certainly never against "tough" mobs like those on the Timeless Isle.

I've been spoilt and gotten into bad habits.

I'm half hoping our server merge (as yet not announced) will bring us my Horde players to group with so I can get fastish groups with flex and friends/guildies on the warlock, like I could in ICC days. DPS queue times for LFR, and the lack of people wanting DPS for flex makes it an unattractive proposition, but I love playing my warlock so much.

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino

Warlocks are definitely easy mode. The isle actually isn't so bad though for my shammy. I don't open with Flame shock though when soloing. I open with Elemental Blast, then shock, lava, and lb while running away. I am at ilvl 493 on the shammy now and most 91 elites die fast.
Taino

Taino to Orgish

to Orgish
Back on to the original topiv

I love my deathknight too. She's as easy to solo with as my main paladin, and I can always deathstrike/siphon my way back to full health. I am actually working on a cloak for her Just need 6 more runestones. Those damn things don't seem to drop as often from ToT at least for me. Gotten most of mine from SoO LFR

Orgish
@navy.mil

Orgish

Anon

Good to hear. I'm still having fun with my deathknight. I just dinged 90 and almost have a full set of timeless isle for him minus a ring and 2 trinkets. A ton easier to play than the druid for sure. I need to start farming Burdens of eternity for him as well.