how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chris123

join:2002-07-23
Highland, IN

RT-AC66U port forwarding not working

I'm trying to configure my new AC-66u to forward ports for a teamspeak 3 server configured on my lan. My teamspeak server needs UDP 9987, TCP 10011 and TCP 30033.

I have updated the router to the newest firmware, disabled the firewall, hw acceleration and upnp services. I have reset the device back to defaults and reconfigured once again but still I cannot see the ports open using any online port scanners.

I'm pulling my hair out over this and ready to send the router back to newegg. If anyone could offer any advice I'll gladly try anything. This server worked fine at my old house using the Uverse firewall/router. The only thing which has changed is the AC-66u and Comcast vs Uverse.

Thanks in advance.
--
see my Uverse Review @ »Review of AT&T U-Verse by chris123

join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC

have u tried merlins firmware, his latest version adresses some manual port forwarding /upnp issues, so if your manually port forwarding that firmware will most likely solve your problem, it is version 3.0.0.4.374.34
--
Shaw Broadband 100/5 - Cisco DPC3825 - Asus RT-AC66U

chris123

Highland, IN

I haven't tried Merlin firmware. I guess I figured that something basic like port forwarding would work with factory firmware. Bad assumption?
--

join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC

upnp and port forwarding had issues working together, if your not using upnp you could avoid the issue, but merlin changed it so that the router always looks at manually set rules first, rather then looking at upnp rules first, wich could result in the same port being forwarded by upnp that is already manually forwarded(i had it happen a bunch and reported it to merlin). hopefully merlins latest build works for you
--
Shaw Broadband 100/5 - Cisco DPC3825 - Asus RT-AC66U

chris123

Highland, IN
reply to 18286719

I've uploaded the merlin firmware and the problem remains. The port checker tool is saying port 80 is open which I can't account for. Access to the web interface over the wan is disabled.
--