Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert to cybersaga

Mod

to cybersaga

Re: Social login broken

said by cybersaga:

I wonder if it had something to do with the fact that I was a work earlier. There's a proxy at work. Logging in from home just now worked fine. Though I've never had trouble logging in from work before.

Perhaps related.

I am finding, since yesterday, that lots of stuff is broken unless I tell "noscript" to allow "cloudflare.com". If your work is blocking access to cloudflare, that could have a similar effect.

The tangled web of interlocked javascripting gets more tangled, and on-line tracking of users get worse.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

1 recommendation

justin

Mod

said by nwrickert:

getts more tangled, and on-line tracking of users get worse.

it doesn't get more tangled, and there isn't more tracking or worse tracking.

cloudflare is alternative CDN that hosts APIs, since people seem to have an tin-foil issue with googles free API hosting service, and it was the same speed, I switched over to it.

It is one JS file (jquery, again), from one content delivery network that is professionally run for f's sake. How do you ever use the rest of the web? have you looked at the huge variety of stuff from the variety of places that practically every modern site uses? I've got ONE file from one CDN, entirely and 100% for reasons of efficiency.

If you want to be a stone age user, please send your complaints back to me care of the year 1999, I'll read them when I get my time machine working.