Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

1 edit

2 recommendations

onDvine

Premium Member

Is cloudflare.com new here?

As of today, I need to allow it in Firefox's NoScript before I can access "actions" such as recommending posts, etc., or "hey mods."

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

2 recommendations

justin

Mod

Re: Is cloudfare.com new here?

cloud flare hosts jquery as an api service just like google does. This changes weeks ago not today.
if you use noscript you need to be aware that domains used to host js Apis can change and without any notice. jquery is commonly fetched from 3rd party api servers.

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
So. CA, USA

1 edit

onDvine

Premium Member

Thank you for explaining. Am surprised it waited to cause issues for me since you say the change was that long ago.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

1 recommendation

dandelion to onDvine

MVM

to onDvine
It caused issues with me just today also.. I uninstalled noscript since it didn't recognize I had dslreports whitelisted.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

2 recommendations

justin to onDvine

Mod

to onDvine
it has been weeks, what has changed yesterday is that the way the javascript modules are loaded in, they are chained after the page loads instead of being in the header.

I think noscript doesn't know what it is doing.

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
So. CA, USA

onDvine

Premium Member

For what it's worth, functions are fine with cloudflare allowed in NoScript.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

1 recommendation

dandelion to onDvine

MVM

to onDvine

Re: Is cloudflare.com new here?

Tried an older version of noscript and it still didn't recognize dslreports whitelisted then allowed cloud flare and it finally worked so will upgrade to the latest since it appears not to be a new element to noscript.

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

1 recommendation

nwrickert to onDvine

Mod

to onDvine
said by onDvine:

As of today, I need to allow it in Firefox's NoScript before I can access "actions" such as recommending posts, etc., or "hey mods."

I first noticed that on Monday.

All seems fine once cloudflare is allowed. Otherwise some stuff is broken.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to justin

Premium Member

to justin

Re: Is cloudfare.com new here?

The overseas cloudflare server is causing delays in pages loading, and as discussed some features are dependent on it now.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

why would it be overseas it's a cdn you get a local one.
do you have a link to a cloud flare status page showing it is slow? don't forget jquery only gets loaded once after that it is fully cacheable and the server should not be involved.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Pages were loading as slowly as ten seconds in some cases as my browser waited for cloudflare.com to respond, or sometimes close to timeout rarely. I was initially able to fix that by completely preventing the cloudflare frames from loading. It was night, and day. Block cloudflare, and the page loaded in less than a second. At the moment things seem to be ok.

It appears another tools database was incorrect, but I previously had cloudflare pegged in south america. I did a new whois, and it's supposed to be in the states, just a state over, however there were some serious loading delays with that domain causing me to block it previously.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

nothing is showing on their status page
»www.cloudflare.com/system-status
but 20 hours ago there was a tweet