spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

grreyeyezz

join:2002-01-05
Cleveland, OH

Where are chipset drivers in device manager?

Click for full size
Click for full size
Under IDE/ATA controllers? And could someone please tell me where the chipset drivers are in this install package? These were downloaded from my mobo website. Thanks.

beerbum
Premium
join:2000-05-06
Reading, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
which chipset are you talking about?

if you mean motherboard chipset, look under System devices.

if you mean video chipset, look under Display adapters.

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
reply to grreyeyezz
Some of the AMD driver packages omit the chipset/southbridge drivers. You can find them here.

If it's an Intel chipset, go here.
--
KI6RIT

grreyeyezz

Cleveland, OH
Click for full size
I'm trying to find out if my chipset drivers are installed correctly after a few complete uninstalls of my graphics drivers. As you know the chipset drivers are part of the Catalyst install manager but I see no chipset drivers in this screenshot(link n_w95482 gave me).

If someone could tell me what category under system devices the chipset/sb drivers are I can manually load them but for right now there is no AMD driver in any of those devices.

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
The chipset drivers are not in that installer.
The post above by n_w95482 See Profile links to the chipset download links.

What is the motherboard you are trying to source chipset drivers for?
Are you going to run raid at all?
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

grreyeyezz

Cleveland, OH
Click for full size
That is the installer from n_w95482 link as you can see from the screenshot.

Mobo is GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 rev 1.1
I get an identical installer when downloaded from gigabytes website for my particular mobo.

I am not running raid.

beerbum
Premium
join:2000-05-06
Reading, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
did you try the chipset drivers available directly from Gigabyte?

»www.gigabyte.us/products/product ··· 1#driver

select the OS you are running and it should give you link to the proper chipsets.. I always recommend using the drivers provided by the mainboard manufacturer.. yes sure they may not have all the new bells n whistles but they are coded and or tweaked specifically to the mainboard.

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
reply to grreyeyezz
Click for full size
That is strange.

AMD lists an installer package of 49.4mb, ver 13.9 but the Gigabyte site does not list a download.
The image you are showing doesn't represent the size either, it matches the Gigabyte's chipset download of 232.90mb.

I'd look at deleting those 2 folders 12-3 and 13-9 and download a fresh copy of only the 49.4mb file and see what happens.

*Note: My Nvidia chipset in device manager for my AMD processor does not list the chipset drivers like every's images posted for Intel chipsets which maybe misleading for your needs.
You do have ATI entries listed in your list after the ACPI entries like mine for AMD - pre ATI buy-out hardware, which is all you may see to tell they are installed.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA

1 edit
reply to grreyeyezz
Click for full size
AMD chipset drivers - F1A75M-Pro
I just downloaded and ran the latest chipset driver package on my HTPC and it showed what I was expecting to see. Then again, its chipset (A75) has a different feature set than your 970/SB950 combo.

The base chipset package comes with 3 main pieces: SMBus drivers, AHCI drivers for the SATA controller, and USB 3.0 drivers. There's a couple of small extras, such as the USB filter driver (which is showing on your screenshot).

•SMBus drivers - You already have some version of it installed (ATI I/O Communications Processor SMBus Controller). I would have expected to at least see it listed in the component selection list as a grayed-out option, meaning it's installed and doesn't need to be updated. I'm curious what the driver version/date is for that on yours.

•AHCI drivers - You're running your SATA controller in IDE/legacy mode, so there's no driver to apply. If it was in AHCI mode, it would show up as an option. You can try forcing the AHCI driver on the PCI IDE Controller devices, rebooting, immediately changing the SATA controller to AHCI mode, then booting Windows. I've done this several times with Intel systems, but I can't recall if I've done it with AMD. Either way, do this at your own risk/backups first! With Intel, you apply the driver to one of the two controllers listed (doing the wrong one results in a bluescreen). No idea if you're in the same boat.

•USB 3.0 controller - The SB950 southbridge doesn't have built-in USB 3.0 support so this driver doesn't apply. The four USB 3.0 ports on your motherboard are driven by a pair of Etron EJ168 chips and use different drivers.

If you want to look through the drivers manually, go to C:\AMD\Support\13-9_win7_win8_32-64_sb\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv
--
KI6RIT