uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to GVel

Re: W-4 What to file...

It really depends on if you want a refund check or want to pay the government in April. Claiming 0 for both will normally get you a refund. Claiming whatever you come up with on the work sheet will require you to pay.
--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by Kilroy:

It really depends on if you want a refund check...

Everyone wants a refund check. It's the American way of thinking that a refund check is a good thing.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

Nope not everyone. I know a number of people that don't want large refunds ( more in the last ten years) and actively work to get the smallest return they can.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Pete Stone

@rr.com
reply to swintec

said by swintec:

Everyone wants a refund check. It's the American way of thinking that a refund check is a good thing.

Would you object to a person putting $50 a week in a savings account?

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by Pete Stone :

said by swintec:

Would you object to a person putting $50 a week in a savings account?

No, because the money is in there control (can be withdrawn and used if needed) and earns interest. To many people consider their taxes going to the government each pay period as a savings account which it isnt.

I dont mean this negatively, but many of these individuals live month to month or pay check to pay check and will say they dont have money for this or that. Well, you would have x dollars more if you didnt loan it out to the tax man each pay period for no reason.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

Pete Stone

@rr.com

How is it NOT a savings account? Sure it doesn't earn interest but have you looked at the interest paid lately? 1% if that AND they charge you a service charge just to have it, with paying extra tax you get to save with NO chance of pulling the money out or the bank taking it bit by bit in service charges.