pucknut68
Premium Member
join:2013-10-27
San Jose, CA

1 edit

pucknut68

Premium Member

Uvers Power Tier 45/6 install

So, I broke down and am going for the upgrade form 24/6 to the Power. The techs came yesterday to do the outside work and said I am roughly 1000ft from the VRAD. I assume thats pretty good? He told me where it was and its just down the street on the corner form my house. Can anyone tell me what the inside work is like? Will they have to run a new line into my family room? And what modem should I expect to get? They're coming Fri. morning Nov. 8. Any feedback would be appreciated. thanks.
-Brian

whamel
Premium Member
join:2002-05-09
Evergreen Park, IL

whamel

Premium Member

»www.billhamel.net/samkno ··· sepower/

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to pucknut68

Premium Member

to pucknut68
You will be getting a Motorola NVG 589 which is a combination Router/Modem which has wireless N. Unless you already have a CAT 5 or better ethernet cable run to where the modem will be they will need to run a new cable to that point. That's the only inside work they were really need to do. Being that close you really shouldn't have any problems with the installation.
pucknut68
Premium Member
join:2013-10-27
San Jose, CA

pucknut68

Premium Member

I just checked my cable and looks like I have a Cat 5 cable already. Seems like my hookup tomorrow should be quick and easy. Thanks for your quick reply guys.
pucknut68

pucknut68

Premium Member

»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 1644.png

things went pretty well on my upgrade. but i'm having a hard time connecting one of my laptops to the net work. it just won't connect and the couple times i have gotten it connected its a 'limited' connection. Any ideas or suggestions?

brookeKrige
join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA

1 edit

brookeKrige

You mean on both wired (direct to RG LAN port) and wireless? Does limited mean slow, even for command line pings of numeric IP address of RG? What OS on the laptop; have you tried a safe mode boot? No use of proxies or VPN? Before U-verse Power, what did you have that worked for that laptop? Did you have to undo a previous configuration of laptop: with a hardwired/static LAN IP (not using DHCP), a fixed MTU, ...?

Though you had cat5 homerun already, assume they still charged you $99 installation fee, right?