MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to OZO

MVM

to OZO

Re: Google Play Store v4.4.21 Draining Battery On GS4

said by OZO:

With Android 2.2 it's not working at all. There is absolutely no way to find out the bugger, that may start to discharge battery quite fast.

The Battery settings menu has existed since Android 1.5 (when I started with Android).
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO to Hayward0

Premium Member

to Hayward0
said by Hayward0:

Gee maybe look at the battery section of of the settings app, which shows which are using what.

I was talking about exactly that. But it shows the same info ("Android System", "Display", etc) even in case, when I see in "Battery Monitor Widget" that phone suddenly starts consuming something like 100mA instead of usual 3-5mA. There is no indication of that in "the battery section of of the settings app", not to mention there is no way to point on offending app... If I knew what was doing it, I'd try to kill it. The only solution in such case is to reboot the phone.
OZO

OZO to Hayward0

Premium Member

to Hayward0
said by Hayward0:

Wow no offense but people still using 2.2 not even 2.3 devices.

Could you imagine two and half years old smart phone, that doesn't have any upgrades to v2.3? I can do it with ease... HTC doesn't want to offer any updates (and why they'd do it, they want to sell new ones) I tried on it custom ROM with Android 4.2.1, but it doesn't have properly working drivers for GPS (as a result - GPS is not working well, average time to get GPS fix is about 7 min instead of 7 sec). There is no FM radio app, that could replace the stock one. Etc. Even if new kernel in 4.2.1 works better with waking up CSipSimple I can't use that OS without drivers offered by HTC... So, yes, people still use Android 2.2 and not because they want to...