uniqs
share rss forum feed

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

Blizzcon Poll: What Will Be Announced?

Blizzcon is tomorrow and I plan to blog the information this year. (I will create a thread before it starts.) To help pass time till we get more information on the future of WoW, I present to you this poll.

Multiple Choice Poll
What major features do you think Blizzard will announce for the next expansion?

Player Housing

New Class

New Races

5 new levels

10 new levels

Transmog overhaul

PvP overhaul

Item Squish

New World

New Continent

Outland Revamp

Participants:27

--
No trees were harmed by this posting, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

cat666

join:2013-04-26

It will go to level 100 in the 10th year. No new races or classes but maybe more race/class combinations. It will be a new continent, but as another lump of rock floating in the nether (like Outland). As the vast majority of Draenor is believed destroyed it isn't that hard to imagine another but suddenly having survived. Almost guaranteed an item squish, HP are getting too high to display properly for raid bosses, so something needs doing and if not now, then Blizz are cutting it very very fine.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:4
reply to stvnbrs

Also,

* Improved character Models
* Improved bag storage (i.e. toys and tabards like pets/mounts)

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
kudos:1
reply to stvnbrs

I don't see an option for new content only? :-D

Carpie

united state
reply to stvnbrs

Also believe they will extend proving grounds and open up older content like challenge dungeons.

Bradzor

join:2010-02-16
Ballwin, MO
reply to stvnbrs

Interesting... Blizz trademarked the title "Warlords of Draenor" a few days ago.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to stvnbrs

ESPORT

Roadhowse

join:2010-10-13
Greensburg, PA
reply to stvnbrs

My money is on Illidan making his return. Metzen has expressed in multiple accounts that he wants to bring him back as a "redemption story". Warlords of Draenor seems to be the perfect opportunity.
If I had to predict, I'd say we'd be visiting Draenor (outlands) through a time travel experience, or We will be exploring other worlds connected..potentially Eredar.
Meet up with Turaylon, Alleria.

Mechanically, I'm betting they will be announcing their level scaling system "Timewalking" to allow players to play older content and lower level content with their lower level friends.

More focus on 5 mans this expansion
Stretching but possible Ogre race for horde, not sure about alliance.
90-100 leveling

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

I doubt we'll get new races this time, but if so, Ogre is obvious for Horde, would have to be probably Ethereal or Arokka (sp?) for Alliance.

Not sure I'd like the time travel aspect of it, seems like a gimmick. Looking forward to tomorrow though!

Roadhowse

Greensburg, PA

Agreed with the races, I just would think if they were to do ogres, which is another thing Metzen said they planned to implement already back in burning crusade; they would do it now.

At first glance the time travel aspect seems a bit much, but I think it would actually end up being kind of fun being part of the events of Warcraft 1 & 2.

Yep we'll see!

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
reply to stvnbrs

I've been out of the picture for awhile - what is Item Squish? Is it simply the opposite of inflation?

Someone fill me in...

Carpie

united state

Item ilvl, your stats, your hp/dps, mobs hp/dps, etc all get "squished" down by a factor of 10 or so. To get all the numbers back in hundreds and thousands rather than hundreds of thousands and/or millions (or billions in the case of boss health).
--
Absolution -- MSV: 6/6 0/6H -- HoF: 4/6 -- ToES: 4/4 -- ToT: 12/12 -- SoO: 9/14F 6/14
Pride and Ego -- MSV: 6/6 1/6H -- HoF: 6/6 -- ToES: 4/4 -- ToT: 12/12 -- SoO: 9/14F 4/14

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

Basically that. Everything reducted numerically so we don't have 750k dps and tanks with 2 mil hp next expansion. Keep the relative amount of damage and hp of mobs the same so it doesn't take any longer to kill stuff, and GC has stated they have a way for keeping old raids soloable at max level.

Bradzor

join:2010-02-16
Ballwin, MO
reply to stvnbrs

we have reached super saiyan 4 fusion X2 and thats the limit

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to stvnbrs

With the Garrosh heirlooms being 90-100, it's very likely that new level cap will be 100. I could do without new player races or classes, but updated player models are likely. I'd rather have them instead. Item squish was pushed back, it was considered for Mists; so it's likely to happen as well.

If it's a return to Outland, it needs to be handled more as a new continent - like Pandaria, rather than the new zones in Cataclysm. In this case, Outland doesn't really need a revamp. However, if it's the same areas, but with phasing for the 60-70 and 90-100, might as well revamp some of the underpinnings.

My guess will be a new area of Outland, and there will then be two "continents", Outland and Draenor, like Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms (and Northrend/Pandaria).

Player Housing? Meh. I wouldn't mind guild housing of some kind, although it could be tough to "show it off" to others. Someplace to show off a trophy room, and give some way to see guild achievements - especially the raiding ones (not that my guild has any).

I would like to see some "bound to guild" items - especially crafting mats that have been BoP, like the last two tiers of crafting mats (Lightning Steel Ingots, and all of the current tier mats). The resulting items would need to be tradeable to only guild members, unless you only used your own mats. That might be tough to work out, though.

Tabard/novelty item storage, besides void storage. Although there's kind of tabard storage, since you just sell the tabard then go to a tabard vendor to pick it back up. However, that's generally only for the quest/achievement granted ones, and not the rep ones.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
reply to stvnbrs

Shit, I was hoping for New Models, myself.

cat666

reply to stvnbrs

Draenor was far more than just Outland, it just got destroyed. Outland is just a fragment of it from the explosion floating in the nether. It is easily concievable that there is another bit floating around somewhere, especially as we've never seen any maps of the nether.

This reduces the need to redo Outland totally, which Blizz are hesitant to do as revamping Vanilla zones was what was attributed to making Cata the worst expansion ever as Blizz spend a lot of the resources on content only a fraction of players ever saw. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it will be re-jigged slightly for narrative purposes, maybe via phasing, but I'll be shocked if all our time will be spent on a totally redone Outland.

The other thing to consider regarding the failed old world revamp is that Blizz have said numerous times that it was mistake to have the zones spread out, as not only was it confusing for the players, it hindered the storytelling flow. They'd much prefer new continents. Seeing as how Draenor could have another fragment surviving, my money is on that.

Roadhowse

Greensburg, PA

Sitting here watching the Blizzcon timer slowly go down at work..come on!!

Roadhowse

Greensburg, PA
reply to stvnbrs

3 hours until opening ceremony

cat666

reply to stvnbrs

Don't forget the Exodar is fully repaired now too...

Roadhowse

Greensburg, PA
reply to stvnbrs

Free Stream is now up, Just cycling older kinematics. Opening ceremony in 30 minutes. (Should contain new xpac announcement).

Roadhowse

Greensburg, PA
reply to stvnbrs

Stream is live!