Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Until you throw Apple into the equation

Nobody messes with Apple. PERIOD.

I have my iPhone through Verizon, iPhone 5 with 32 GB of memory and I get my apps through the Apple App Store and my music through the Apple iTunes store.

You want to sell Apple phones, you sell them on Apple's terms. Maybe Google needs to try harder to tighten their grip on Android phones. Maybe if they weren't so open platform like Apple, maybe then they could have more control over their phones and the Android operating system.

It's the Android's openness that allows Verizon to hijack the user experience.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

And how long did it take before VZW had that iPhone? They were the first to offer it and turned that thing down.

VZ really doesn't need Apple. They already have their own fanboys that will stay with them regardless- aka you.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
Google will never be able to control Android like Apple controls iOS.

Most of the Android phones aren't made by Google. If Samsung wants to sell phones on Verizon's network, why do they care if Google Wallet succeeds? They just want to sell a device to Verizon. If Verizon wants to load their stuff on it, they don't care as long as they make the sale.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

True and the way it should be. Why does the device have to be tied down to the company who makes it? Just because others need their hand held when using a phone is all this does with Apple products.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Agreed regarding Verizon loading their stuff on it and Samsung being indifferent. However, Verizon shouldn't be able to prohibit a consumer from using Google Wallet. Among others, we've already been down this path with Microsoft. We didn't accept it then and we shouldn't accept it now.