spc
uniqs
JohnnyBeGood
join:2008-04-18
Seattle, WA

JohnnyBeGood

Re: [Windows] Helping family member setup small office network

Thanks for the replies!
All computers will be connected to the internet and no physical medium will be used to backup files. Is Dropbox good choice or there's something "better"?
Haven't really played much with the Dropbox but I'm sure there's a way to go back to previous versions of certain files?
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns

Premium Member

i think you should start with dropbox. you get 2 gb for free, that should be plenty to get you going. they do have ways to retrieve deleted files. you have to be in the website to access those settings.
JohnnyBeGood
Seattle, WA

JohnnyBeGood

said by tomdlgns:

i think you should start with dropbox. you get 2 gb for free, that should be plenty to get you going. they do have ways to retrieve deleted files. you have to be in the website to access those settings.

Sounds good. Thanks!

Juke Box
His Word Never Fails
Premium Member
join:2001-01-29
Psalm 96 ESV

Juke Box to JohnnyBeGood

Premium Member

to JohnnyBeGood
Yes, there is Skydrive that offers 7gb.
»windows.microsoft.com/en ··· /compare
JohnnyBeGood
Seattle, WA

JohnnyBeGood

said by Juke Box:

Yes, there is Skydrive that offers 7gb.
»windows.microsoft.com/en ··· /compare

Thanks for sharing!
rowerowe
join:2013-07-31
Pen Argyl, PA

rowerowe

And, if you buy a cheap $1 domain from GoDaddy (look up coupons -- it's the greatest deal ever), and host the mail for the domain using Outlook.com, you can create users and activate skydrive for all of the accounts... :P

I was lucky enough to get the 23GB dropbox HTC Sense promotion, so for two years, I'll stick with Dropbox -- but if you choose to use Outlook.com to host the domains mail, each get an account and you can enable Skydrive.
JohnnyBeGood
Seattle, WA

JohnnyBeGood

said by rowerowe:

And, if you buy a cheap $1 domain from GoDaddy (look up coupons -- it's the greatest deal ever), and host the mail for the domain using Hotmail, you can create users and activate skydrive for all of the accounts... :P

I don't think they have lot of documents to backup but thanks for sharing I do have few domains at GoDaddy.