All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jtaylor74
join:2003-03-21
Saint Paul, MN

jtaylor74

[CenturyTel] Century Link Speeds in Mounds View MN 55112 zip code?

The online tool by address doesn't seem to be working today. I'll likely be moving to Mounds View in January. I'm hoping (though not optimistic) that DSL speeds will be better than 1.5 down. If anyone can give me an idea actual speeds I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
jmiller
join:2013-06-25
Minneapolis, MN

jmiller

I don't live there, but I'm not very far away from that area. Regardless, the answer is that it varies a lot. DSL is picky by nature and just knowing your ZIP code doesn't guarantee anything.

This is much different than cable internet where if you have a cable line, you are basically guaranteed to have any speed offered in that area available to you.

anon164327
join:2013-06-25

anon164327 to jtaylor74

to jtaylor74
Comcast is also available in Mounds View.
jtaylor74
join:2003-03-21
Saint Paul, MN

jtaylor74

Just to update my own post. I qualified for 40/20. I was shocked.
I know my current address is unlikely to ever see upgrades, let alone VDSL. This is a nice bonus to moving.

TAZ
@qwest.net

TAZ

Anon

Nice! And just to add to that, since you qualify for 40/20 you can also get 60/30, 80/40 and 100/12 (not a typo, it goes from 40M up to 12M up) pair-bonded. If you check the business site it should show the tiers, but you can get them from residential by calling sales and getting the right person (might take a few, judging by what I've heard on here, although I got lucky and got someone to order it for me on the first call).