jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207 to tcope

Premium Member

to tcope

Re: Nope

I was under the impression that Google had explained what the Secure Element was doing and why it was necessary to be locked-down. I have not bothered to follow this too closely, but it would seem that Verizon would know exactly what it was capable of doing and exactly why, as they use it themselves, now.

In the end, this is all just one big, ugly battle to tap into the credit card industry's lucrative customer base. Honesty and scruples need not apply.

Let the battle begin..er..continue!

»blogs.gartner.com/rajesh ··· nd-isis/

jseymour
join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

jseymour

said by jmn1207:

In the end, this is all just one big, ugly battle to tap into the credit card industry's lucrative customer base. Honesty and scruples need not apply.

Let 'em battle. I have absolutely no intention of ever using my "smart"phone as a credit card substitute. I don't trust their security that far. And I certainly trust neither Google nor the likes of Verizon with the info they could snag from that kind of thing.

Jim
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

As if a credit card is not 99 % unsecure? In addition to a PIN, mobile payments also have the same protection as the card being used. People were scared of credit cards and ATM machines when they came out as well.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

I have no problem handing my credit card to some doofus making $9/hour that spends most of their money on tattoos and pot, so I think that I'm ready for my credit card to be on my mobile devices.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

Exactly. I just don't think people understand how unsecure a credit card is and that the credit card companeis _want_ it this way. In addition I don't think they understand how the mobile payment system works. So they just jump to the conclusion that anything new/different is not as secure.

I explain it to people as, the mobile payment is 100% more secure the a credit card and just as secure as a person's (true) debit card. Mobile also has all the same protection as a credit card.
« The T-1000 reassembles!What a shocker! »
This is a sub-selection from Nope