Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

IainG

join:2013-11-07
Burlington, ON

sagemcom f@st 2864 passthrough

Hi guys,

I'm really new to networking so hopefully someone here can help me figure out what I've done. I have the Teksavvy 25/10 connection and to improve my Wifi signal I'm trying to do a PPPoE pass-through from the Sagemcom to my D-Link DIR-815 router. This is all based off of me reading the forum post here:
»[DSL] Sagemcom F@ST 2864 bridge mode guide

I got into the Sagemcom Hub Connection page by typing in 192.168.2.1 and turned off UPnP, DLNA, DHCP, Primary Wireless, Broadcast Primary SSID, WPS, Guest WirelessNetwork and Broadcast Guest SSID. I connected my D-Link DIR-815 router WAN port to the LAN of the Sagemcom. I deleted the Teksavvy username and password for PPPoE and hit save (the username and password reset to the Bell default one upon save)

I connected my D-Link WAN port to the LAN of the Sagemcom and my PC to the LAN of the D-LINK. I went into the PPPoE settings of the D-LINK and entered in my Teksavvy username and password. This gave me internet access but for some reason speedtest.net is telling me that my wifi connection speed is around 5-10mbps (wired around 20-25mbps).

So I thought that's worse than the Sagemcom, so I powered down the D-Link and re-connected my computer to the LAN of the Sagemcom and did a 30/30/30. (holding reset button)(still holding reset, unplugging power)(still holding reset, plugging power back in) to factory reset the Sagemcom. But that didn't work.

I can't access the modem anymore through 192.168.2.1 Shouldn't that have reset all the options I changed, back to the defaults? My computer when hooked up to the Sagemcom directly can't access the internet.

I can still access the internet if I hook the D-Link back up, but I can't get back into the Sagemcom Hub Connection page. Any help on how to reset the modem back to factory default would be really helpful

Thanks guys,
Iain

IainG

join:2013-11-07
Burlington, ON

Third times the charm. Third time I've reset the modem, this one finally took. I'm back on the Sagemcom and everything is factory reset.

Sorry for the bother

-Iain