uniqs

Charliebrown5
Smile Its Nearly Friday
Premium Member
join:2001-07-17
Australia

Charliebrown5

Premium Member

Re: [Retouch] Looking for some ideas about what to do with this.

Thanks for the comments and the edits, The problem i have is that yes i do like this building however some of the images i like as you have pointed out dont seem to have any real focal point in them. another in my gallery is here which is from a different angle. »/showp ··· 8863&1=1

SueS
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO

1 recommendation

SueS

Premium Member

I like the photo you have posted in the gallery.

Some thoughts I have about shooting architecture are that it is hard to make them interesting. I think you can zero in on small things and make the photo more about geometry or get back a long way and make it stand out in a cityscape. For the geometry type shots composition is extremely important to make the shot work.

GeekGirl1
Premium Member
join:2007-01-28
Morrisville, PA

2 recommendations

GeekGirl1 to Charliebrown5

Premium Member

to Charliebrown5
Click for full size
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
15mm 6s F5 ISO100

said by Charliebrown5:

Thanks for the comments and the edits, The problem i have is that yes i do like this building however some of the images i like as you have pointed out dont seem to have any real focal point in them. another in my gallery is here which is from a different angle. »/showp ··· 8863&1=1

Here's your gallery picture using the rule of thirds. In this case, I couldn't find anything to align with an intersection (like the street light flare).

As an alternate approach, I used the columns and put one on the edge of the picture, the 2nd column is sitting on the left-side "1/3" grid line.

Sorry for cutting out your watermark, but this is how I see the image.

Charliebrown5
Smile Its Nearly Friday
Premium Member
join:2001-07-17
Australia

Charliebrown5

Premium Member

Thanks for the advice and edits, One reason i like coming here, always knowledge available when asked for. Thanks guys and girls.