Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

2 recommendations

Lurch77 to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini

Re: I Regret Having Bought A Buick

While the vehicle may have problems, I cannot fault it in this situation. You looked at a ten year old car with fault lights lit, didn't have it checked out, had the dealer tell you to just erase the codes, and bought it anyway. That salesman saw you coming a mile away.
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl

said by Lurch77:

While the vehicle may have problems, I cannot fault it in this situation. You looked at a ten year old car with fault lights lit, didn't have it checked out, had the dealer tell you to just erase the codes, and bought it anyway. That salesman saw you coming a mile away.

Lately another thing ive seen, i drive beaters, is no lights on because the dealer just cleared them, The dealers squirm when i pull out my code reader and oops, none of the sensors are reading "ready" and they pull the old "battery must have died" When im looking at a GM product they really hate to see me pull out my Tech 2 i got.

But i have to say the biggest mistake was believing you could just "clear" the codes. those lights are on for a reason. clearing them only resets the computer and the computer has to re-learn over again.buyer beware.