All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
claudius139
join:2013-09-23

claudius139

Sagemcom F@ST 2864 Bridge with FTTH with Bell TV Fibe

I'm seeing partial posts about putting the Sagemcom in bridge mode and I see some people being able to do it with Bell TV Fibe with a FTTH but no clear tutorial.

I would be really happy if somebody can explain to me, step by step, the proper commands to achieve the bridge mode with FFTH and TV Fibe.

Please please please I have a new Asus Ac66u router and I just want to bypass all bell router functions to really have the control! Except I also want the tv to work! (I don't care about Bell's apps)

Anyone?

Thank you in advance!
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

In order for the tv to work you need to leave the tv functions in the sagemcom (pvr and vap plugged in) unless your router can support a 35 and 36 vlan session

Martin
Premium Member
join:2005-05-05
Blainville, QC

Martin to claudius139

Premium Member

to claudius139
Vous devez faire un factory reset sur le Sagemcom et laisser les récepteurs télé branché sur le Sagemcom, activer que le service télé dans le Sagemcom et brancher ton routeur ASUS sur le port 2 de l'ONT et le faire activer par Bell mais ils le font que dans très rare cas, bonne chance!
vasyl83
join:2013-11-04
Canada

vasyl83 to claudius139

to claudius139
Actually ac66u is capable of setting VID to 35 for internet and 36 for IPTV.
Having merlin firmware on that router allows you completely remove sagecomm.

In my case everything seems to work without sagecomm, the only problem is PVR.\Since I havent figured how to route broadcast packets to the pvr I see a channel for about 10 seconds before it tells me signal lost.
It can all be set in LAN -> IPTV submenu in the router settings

As soon as I figure out how to route the iptv traffic coeerctly Ill try to post a tutorial
AwaKeN
join:2006-08-15
Saint-Philippe, QC

AwaKeN to claudius139

to claudius139
Good job !

silentfury
join:2002-06-18
Toronto

silentfury to vasyl83

to vasyl83
You're able to use the AC66u without the sagemcom providing dsl sync?? Are you using FTTH or FTTN with RJ11 ?
claudius139

claudius139 to vasyl83

to vasyl83
vasyl83, yes please if you find a way for the PVR, share it.

Does it means that you have to know the username password for the TV part (36)? Which I don't have...

I saw the merlin firmware and was wondering what part of it is needed to accomplish the removal of the sagecomm?

DO you know a way to do it partially? like leaving the TV on the sagecomm and everything else on the Asus? If yes, can you explain to me how to dit it?

Guest2
@rmacan.com

Guest2

Anon

Yea don't u need the TV password?
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

Theres only a ppoe login in for tv if you're on an oslam, if its 7330 based then its run via dhcp on the 36vlan
claudius139

claudius139 to Martin

to Martin
Martin, vu qu'ils le font dans de très rare cas, quels arguments ça prend pour qu'ils le fasse?

Dans mon cas c'est simplement le contrôle des ports, le contrôle parental non disponible en mode Bridge sur le Asus AC66u

J'aurais jamais pensé que cela était si difficile!

Guest2
@rmacan.com

Guest2 to btech805

Anon

to btech805
Thanks btech805. That tells me I'm not on 7330 then.