user4572
Premium Member
join:2009-05-05
Cleveland, OH

user4572

Premium Member

Mikrotik and TW anyone have any issues?

Because I am..
I've had nothing but a strange issue with my install. cable installed 10-14-13, IP numbers configured 10-23-13 still not online.
I have my 450 configured to route only, no firewall stuff and won't work. TW says its on my end.
Has anyone had this issue with them ?

anon_5224
join:2001-10-23
united state

anon_5224

you really probably have to go into more detail for anyone to help. do you have your own equipment?

hawk82
join:2001-04-26
centralmaine

hawk82 to user4572

to user4572
Well if they say it is your equipment, prove them right or wrong.
Grab a computer, plug in directly to Time Warner's modem via network cable (power cycle for good measure) and then setup the static IP address on the computer (I assume that is what you mean by IP numbers configured). And test internet access. If you can get online then it is your Mikrotik, probably got a setting wrong in it. If you have no internet access with a test PC, then it is probably on their end. Mention that to support that you bypassed and tested with a PC without success.

treich
join:2006-12-12

treich to user4572

to user4572
Is this an residential or business account? Because I have TWC business account and I am using my mikrotik and I have static IP also what level 3 did for me is bridge the modem so I can get to my static's into the mikrotik. It could be possible that you do not have MK setup correctly.

I also want to say if you have static IP and DHCP on the modem its not going to work your going have to either pick complete static modem in bridge or stay with DHCP.