spc
Search similar:

uniqs

NewBeach
@suddenlink.net

NewBeach

Anon

Suddenlink no longer offer speed below 15mbps

I spoke with the local Suddenlink customer service rep today.

Apparently they no longer offer speeds below 15mbps. The 15mbps is the cheapest plan at $40 per month. She said they used to offer a "slower" 1.5mbps or 2mbps plan but stopped offering them.

Is this true for every Suddenlink market?

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

The markets that still aren't D3 probably still have the slower tiers.

Even so, why would you actually WANT something slower?
Turbo Mach 5
join:2008-05-29
San Augustine, TX

Turbo Mach 5 to NewBeach

to NewBeach
Like here. Though I THINK we have D3, we still have 10/1 service.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to moldypickle

MVM

to moldypickle
said by moldypickle:

Even so, why would you actually WANT something slower?

Give me a choice between 25 Mbps at $65 per month and 13 Mbps for $20 per month: Guess which I will choose.

Those are my current choices where I live.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

I'd get the 25 meg.... but I'm guessing that's not where you were going, lol

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

I can think of better things to do with a spare $45 a month than pick up an extra 12 Mbps of speed; especially when 13 Mbps doesn't feel cramped.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS
I would love to get 13 Mbps for 20 bucks. In most markets, the $20 plan is 1.5-2 Mbps.

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

I am not in a Suddenlink market ... MSO here is Comcast. $40 gets you 3 Mbps, or 6 Mbps (I'd have to check) from them. Otherwise, DSL is all there is.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

I am not in a Suddenlink market ... MSO here is Comcast. $40 gets you 3 Mbps, or 6 Mbps (I'd have to check) from them. Otherwise, DSL is all there is.

Thanks for sharing?

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS
LOL, we all already know Comcast beats the pants off SL on pricing. You also get a ton better upload speed. For us, have to get the 30 meg down (no 25) but it only comes with 2 megs up. So considering we have to upgrade to get better upload speeds, it's not really an apples to apples comparison.

VerdeDude
Here Kitty Kitty
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Northern Az.

VerdeDude to NewBeach

Premium Member

to NewBeach
Here in AZ., They no longer offer speeds below 15mbps for which I pay $35 per month.
man00
join:2003-07-25
united state

man00 to NewBeach

to NewBeach
I would be happy with that, where I live they only offer 1mb down for 42.95 a month

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to moldypickle

MVM

to moldypickle
said by moldypickle:

LOL, we all already know Comcast beats the pants off SL on pricing.

Not really. The lowest tier, which Comcast calls, "Economy Plus", is a bone tossed to the regulators in exchange for allowing the acquisition of NBC. 3 Mb/s down. Upload not mentioned. Bundling required (at least one other "Xfinity" service).

All other non-promotional prices start at $42.95, bundled; so figure at least $60 for Comcast at any speed over 3 Mb/s except "Performance Starter", which is 6 Mb/s down for $49.95; no promotion, no required bundle.

Comcast is many things, but "inexpensive" is not one of them.

Question
@suddenlink.net

Question to NewBeach

Anon

to NewBeach
Huh. I pay for 15 Mbps and routinely get 1.5 to .5 Mbps every evening. Judging by the comment threads here, I'm not alone in this situation in my region. Can I get compensated?
blaine
join:2003-11-25
Abilene, TX

blaine to NewBeach

to NewBeach
I wonder when the Abilene market will get speed bumped to where 15Mbps is the cheapest offering for $35 instead of 3Mbps.

abnormal69
join:2003-04-19
Branson, MO

abnormal69 to moldypickle

to moldypickle
Comcast beats SL on pricing? Have you ever even lived in a Comcast market??

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

moldypickle

Premium Member

said by abnormal69:

Comcast beats SL on pricing? Have you ever even lived in a Comcast market??

I live directly across a river from Comcast. For whatever reason they market on this side of the river (SL territory, maybe trying to get people to move?) and the pricing is better than anything I can get from SL. I'm also not going to factor in that my SL tier is 50/3 and Comcast matches that at 50/15 which I'd actually pay MORE than my SL price for it, but Comcast actually asks less. That's considering only the internet also.

Edit>> Comcast 50/15 NON-promo price is 79.99/month. Last I called in my SL 50/3 NON-promo price was 105(ish)/month. Both pricings w/out tv packages. So yeah, Comcast beats the pants off SL on pricing, atleast here.
I49mobile
join:2012-02-11

I49mobile

Moldypickle-- You should point out that the Comcast system in Shreveport is terrible. They experience outages all the time. I would rather pay more for a system that works and Suddenlink in Bossier City does. Steve
I49mobile

I49mobile

I should have posted as well that Suddenlink will likely loose customers as ATT starts connecting people to their Uverse internet and TV in North Bossier very soon. I will stick with Suddenlink for TV and phone. Direct TV and my OTA for TV. that is my winning bundles

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

well At&t isn't really competitive with speeds their top speed is 45/6 bond pair or 24/3 single pair copper/fiber unless you are in Austin TX and fiber is going to go to 300Mbps tops and then 1Gbps. Heck I don't qualify for 45/6 but am stuck on 24/3 as offered from At&t over a single pair. I have to say a lot has changed since 2010 when I wrote a college paper about the internet and the evolution of the internet up to about 2010 and I had mentioned 160Mbps as the max for the download at the time possible now we have 1Gbps fiber, 200Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 (comcast offers it) I do know that I was wanting to mention Suddenlink at the time having the broadband crown at 107Mbps

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

moldypickle to I49mobile

Premium Member

to I49mobile
I haven't heard from anyone about Comcast dropping out. I'll have to look into that.

I would LOVE to have access to ATT fiber, but even though ATT and their fiber lines run down my road, ATT tells me that I can't connect to it since it's for the housing development next door >.>
Finger2208
join:2001-04-07
Lindale, TX

Finger2208 to NewBeach

to NewBeach
said by NewBeach :

Is this true for every Suddenlink market?

Really not an absolute. The business services offer speeds much lower than 15 Mbps. In fact, for today's times the business services are really slow and prices are very high. Especially when I get 25-50 Mbps on my LTE cellphone...

»www.suddenlinkbusiness.c ··· Business Internet.aspx
blaine
Abilene, TX

blaine to NewBeach

to NewBeach
Do you guys think they'll soon upgrade all their plans? iirc, it seems like they would bump up the plans every two years. So I think we may be due an upgrade in June or July?

I'm just not sure if the 3Mbps package would go all the way up to 15. I could see them upping it to 5 or 6 though.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

moldypickle

Premium Member

Once your area is upgraded to Doc3 hardware then it's relatively trivial to offer 15 megs as the low plan. From the business view, the people who have stayed on 3 megs this long aren't suddenly going to be a giant bandwidth whole if they up them to 15, so it's not even a risky move either.
blaine
Abilene, TX

blaine

Well my area offers the 107 package, so doesn't that mean we're all docsis 3 upgraded?

I was on that package until I had a major financial setback. Now I'm on the cheapest 3Mbps package.

Do you think they'll bump us up to 15 eventually?
Cobra11M
join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

Cobra11M

107 package is only available in a docsis 3.0 area.. or fiber.. either way, this is the first time i heard of the 3mbps going, ive been on the 15/1.5 since they upped the 10mbps tier to that here (they slowly did it when they made the channel's to digital)

misteltoe
@suddenlink.net

misteltoe to NewBeach

Anon

to NewBeach
In my speed testing, it's a rare thing for me to get 15 Mps. I'm used to the 1 to 5 range, heavily on the 1 during prime time.

suddencrap
@suddenlink.net

suddencrap

Anon

said by misteltoe :

In my speed testing, it's a rare thing for me to get 15 Mps. I'm used to the 1 to 5 range, heavily on the 1 during prime time.

Pay for 15 meg and get one meg. Hell, sometimes less than one meg. Forget streaming anything in the evening hours. I can get close to 15 at 4 am. What a joke.
SCORPiON5150
join:2011-12-18
Mckinleyville, CA

SCORPiON5150 to NewBeach

to NewBeach
Humboldt County, CA they offer a 3mb package still I was told... It might be the best option here, since I pay for 30mb & rarely can even receive 1mb down. It's slower than 56k...... No joke at all.