Search similar:

uniqs
Buddylee
join:2013-09-10
Brooklyn, NY

Buddylee

Codewords

Click for full size
SO my modem has been online for about 5 days and this is how the codewords look. The correctables seem to jump by 30 to 60 per day and the uncorrectables haven't moved untill today when they added about 1000 to the last two channels. Is this okay or should I look into it?

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

You can pretty much ignore Unerrored or Correctable codewords. Think of them as markers that show when the modem did it's job, like spellcheck, correcting errors automatically. Uncorrectables(UC) were packets that could not be corrected and had to be resent, lowering the throughput. Its not technically optimal to have over a 1000 UC but I wouldn't call it worrisome either.

Any symptoms? How are you download speeds? Specifically over a 2-3min time, like downloading a file.
Buddylee
join:2013-09-10
Brooklyn, NY

Buddylee

The download speeds are good. I have been playing Call of Duty Ghost on my pc for a couple of days and have not had any problems with that either. I have had problems in the past with my connection dropping because of upstream power spikes but I think that has been fixed, not sure what they finally did. The uncorrectable codewords didn't move for 4 days so I hope it stays like that. When it jumped up by 1000 today it had me worried because of all the past problems.