uniqs
share rss forum feed

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
reply to NewBeach

Re: Suddenlink no longer offer speed below 15mbps

The markets that still aren't D3 probably still have the slower tiers.

Even so, why would you actually WANT something slower?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by moldypickle:

Even so, why would you actually WANT something slower?

Give me a choice between 25 Mbps at $65 per month and 13 Mbps for $20 per month: Guess which I will choose.

Those are my current choices where I live.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
I'd get the 25 meg.... but I'm guessing that's not where you were going, lol

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
I can think of better things to do with a spare $45 a month than pick up an extra 12 Mbps of speed; especially when 13 Mbps doesn't feel cramped.
--
Norman

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
reply to NormanS
I would love to get 13 Mbps for 20 bucks. In most markets, the $20 plan is 1.5-2 Mbps.
--
If you can't open it, you don't own it.

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
I am not in a Suddenlink market ... MSO here is Comcast. $40 gets you 3 Mbps, or 6 Mbps (I'd have to check) from them. Otherwise, DSL is all there is.
--
Norman

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
said by NormanS:

I am not in a Suddenlink market ... MSO here is Comcast. $40 gets you 3 Mbps, or 6 Mbps (I'd have to check) from them. Otherwise, DSL is all there is.

Thanks for sharing?
--
If you can't open it, you don't own it.

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to NormanS
LOL, we all already know Comcast beats the pants off SL on pricing. You also get a ton better upload speed. For us, have to get the 30 meg down (no 25) but it only comes with 2 megs up. So considering we have to upgrade to get better upload speeds, it's not really an apples to apples comparison.

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by moldypickle:

LOL, we all already know Comcast beats the pants off SL on pricing.

Not really. The lowest tier, which Comcast calls, "Economy Plus", is a bone tossed to the regulators in exchange for allowing the acquisition of NBC. 3 Mb/s down. Upload not mentioned. Bundling required (at least one other "Xfinity" service).

All other non-promotional prices start at $42.95, bundled; so figure at least $60 for Comcast at any speed over 3 Mb/s except "Performance Starter", which is 6 Mb/s down for $49.95; no promotion, no required bundle.

Comcast is many things, but "inexpensive" is not one of them.
--
Norman

abnormal69

join:2003-04-19
Hollister, MO
reply to moldypickle
Comcast beats SL on pricing? Have you ever even lived in a Comcast market??

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
said by abnormal69:

Comcast beats SL on pricing? Have you ever even lived in a Comcast market??

I live directly across a river from Comcast. For whatever reason they market on this side of the river (SL territory, maybe trying to get people to move?) and the pricing is better than anything I can get from SL. I'm also not going to factor in that my SL tier is 50/3 and Comcast matches that at 50/15 which I'd actually pay MORE than my SL price for it, but Comcast actually asks less. That's considering only the internet also.

Edit>> Comcast 50/15 NON-promo price is 79.99/month. Last I called in my SL 50/3 NON-promo price was 105(ish)/month. Both pricings w/out tv packages. So yeah, Comcast beats the pants off SL on pricing, atleast here.

--
50/3 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old

I49mobile

join:2012-02-11
Moldypickle-- You should point out that the Comcast system in Shreveport is terrible. They experience outages all the time. I would rather pay more for a system that works and Suddenlink in Bossier City does. Steve

I49mobile

join:2012-02-11
I should have posted as well that Suddenlink will likely loose customers as ATT starts connecting people to their Uverse internet and TV in North Bossier very soon. I will stick with Suddenlink for TV and phone. Direct TV and my OTA for TV. that is my winning bundles

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
well At&t isn't really competitive with speeds their top speed is 45/6 bond pair or 24/3 single pair copper/fiber unless you are in Austin TX and fiber is going to go to 300Mbps tops and then 1Gbps. Heck I don't qualify for 45/6 but am stuck on 24/3 as offered from At&t over a single pair. I have to say a lot has changed since 2010 when I wrote a college paper about the internet and the evolution of the internet up to about 2010 and I had mentioned 160Mbps as the max for the download at the time possible now we have 1Gbps fiber, 200Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 (comcast offers it) I do know that I was wanting to mention Suddenlink at the time having the broadband crown at 107Mbps

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to I49mobile
I haven't heard from anyone about Comcast dropping out. I'll have to look into that.

I would LOVE to have access to ATT fiber, but even though ATT and their fiber lines run down my road, ATT tells me that I can't connect to it since it's for the housing development next door >.>