uniqs
share rss forum feed

SevereLag

join:2013-10-06
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe

2 edits

Bell Internet... LOL, wow amazing!

Hi all. Literally about to lose my mind any second now... I'm so fed up of their shit internet.

Basically, during the day and evenings, I experience HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE lag. LITERALLY unplayable. It's IMPOSSIBLE. Simply, flat out, IMPOSSIBLE. Where as soon as it hits early mornings, it's pretty good/normal. I got bashed for saying it's a congestion issue (for stating the obvious). Why else would my Internet run much better when everyone gets off? It doesn't matter, because it will NOT GET FIXED.

I switched modem's, but it's the same, if not, even worst than before.

Bell and Support should NEVER be used in the same sentence. Their support is so sad, it makes me laugh, haha! They simply flat out refuse to do anything about it.

How in God's name do these companies get away with this shit, providing MEDIOCRE internet service?

I've asked many people from different parts of the world if they experience this lag, and they all said NO.

If anyone who plays online gaming (primarily FIFA) on Bell/Rogers, please let me know if you experience this lag or not.

-----

About ADSL Internet, does Primus/Comwave use Bell's lines for ADSL internet? I might consider trying them out. At this point, I'm just fed up.

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
What modem are you using? If you're on a stinger with a Sagemcom you need to get switched to interleaved.

Regardless: Switch to Teksavvy or Start, save yourself some money and get much better routing/ping rates.

SevereLag

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
I'm on the 7330 with the Sagemcom 2864 modem. What I do find interesting, though, is this:

»primus.ca/index.php/bc_en/intern···nagement

They say that they give gaming traffic the highest priority. Might be worth a shot. As for Start or TekSavvy, they use Bell's lines... so if I switched over, I'd still have the same problem (unfortunately).

lowping

join:2013-08-04
reply to SevereLag
I'm with Bell no problem on 50/10. Playing Bf4 without lag right now.

It would be really strange to have congestion on a 7330.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

I'm on the 7330 with the Sagemcom 2864 modem. What I do find interesting, though, is this:

»primus.ca/index.php/bc_en/intern···nagement

They say that they give gaming traffic the highest priority. Might be worth a shot. As for Start or TekSavvy, they use Bell's lines... so if I switched over, I'd still have the same problem (unfortunately).

TekSavvy or Start use Bell's lines for last mile connectivity, but their IP network is completely separate, as all third party ISP's have their own routers & peering arrangements.

You haven't tracked down what the problem is. Unlikely its the modem since it was swapped, it could be a faulty port on the remote, could be bell's routing...
--

SevereLag

reply to lowping
Nice. Happy gaming for you. I don't know, I'm just soooo pissed off right now, I was so close to breaking everything in sight, lol.

SevereLag

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to HiVolt
Marc (from TekSavvy) was nice enough to give me a test login, but I still had the same issue.

Bell LITERALLY refuses to help at all. I don't know, I'll try calling them again (omg their support is so sad... I don't think I can explain it in words) and see if they can switch me to a different port.

It's not my job to track down the problem, I'm not a technician, just a customer who's really, really pissed off.

Thanks for the idea though. Oh man, I don't think I can explain in words how pissed off I am ATM.

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to SevereLag
You likely wouldn't have the same problem. 3rd party providers have different routing so unless it's congested at the local level. Way back when I switched and immediately had my ping rates go from 250+ average to between 6-11ms.

I wouldn't touch primus with a 10 foot pole.

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to SevereLag
It's not a congestion issue whatsoever. He gets consistently great, actually pretty amazing pings and speeds at all times of day/evening/night/weekend.

It's most likely he is one of the few that has such good internet that he is being artificially limited on the gaming side. This is a very well known issue that has nothing to do with the ISP at all. It's called compensation lag where the gaming companies artificially limit the best connections in an attempt to level out the playing field with those with poor connections. The fact that he has now tried a Teksavvy login with the same experience actually re-inforces this theory.

This is his 3rd or 4th thread on this exact topic. Everything else besides lag compensation has been ruled out, several times, repeatedly.

OP, I would calm down. If you bad-mouth Bell too much, they can and will terminate your account. Internet service is not a right and they have the right to refuse service to whomever they wish.

SevereLag

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
So why does my Internet get better at early mornings? Care to explain that? Care to explain why I don't even lag against ANYONE during early mornings, no matter where they're from?

It's not lag compensation. Stop blaming that. I know people with amazing Internet, with low pings (from different countries) and never experience lag.

I even purposely made my connection worst (running torrents while playing) it just made it worst, not better, so no, it's not lag compensation.

HiVolt isn't experiencing any lag issues.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
said by SevereLag:

So why does my Internet get better at early mornings? Care to explain that? Care to explain why I don't even lag against ANYONE during early mornings, no matter where they're from?

It's not lag compensation. Stop blaming that. I know people with amazing Internet, with low pings (from different countries) and never experience lag.

I even purposely made my connection worst (running torrents while playing) it just made it worst, not better, so no, it's not lag compensation.

HiVolt isn't experiencing any lag issues.

And we proved that it's not your internet. You have consistently amazing speeds with absolutely no indication of any slowdowns whatsoever at any time of day, other than your perception of gaming lag. So stop blaming that.

I don't know how they enforce lag compensation. Is it possible, even just a little, that they only turn on lag compensation when the majority of gamers are online?

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

1 recommendation

reply to SevereLag
Hi severelag,

I think I remember you from a little while back. Unfortunately our DSL login still had that same lag. Have you considered Cable internet? Might be an option to look into, if you are interested please feel free to reach out to me again.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
--
Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

SevereLag

reply to rednekcowboy
You proved nothing, literally nothing at all. Oh yeah, Lag is all in your head! It doesn't exist!

Right, just pretend it doesn't exist!

You are blindly defending Bell.

SevereLag

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to TSI Jonathan
I had the same issue with Rogers... it started around 2011/2012, never had any lag during the day or night before those years. I was quite happy with them before.

The Internet for Rogers got better after 10:00 PM till around 7 AM (somewhere around there)

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

You proved nothing, literally nothing at all. Oh yeah, Lag is all in your head! It doesn't exist!

Right, just pretend it doesn't exist!

You are blindly defending Bell.

And this is the typical behavior, then you start insulting the people posting in your thread.

I absolutely hate Bhell. I would never touch any of their services whatsoever at any rate, even if it were free.

We did prove that it is not your connection. Never once were you able to show by any of the tests Nitra and I had you run that your connection ever slowed down whatsoever at any time.

FYI, I never said that it was in your head. Grow up and stop acting like a little brat. I believe you, but it's not your internet connection. This is further proved by the fact that you have now tried 3 different ISP's, two totally different technologies and have the same issue with all of them.

The only constant in the equation is you, the games you play on that are known to enforce lag compensation and the consoles you are using.

SevereLag

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
Look. I ran tests, everything came out "fine" just because it appears fine, doesn't mean it is. I believe it's some sort of hidden issue that simply can't be seen on stats.

The lag I experience is very real.

Would I be here, complaining and getting really pissed off if I wasn't lagging during the day and night?

Note: Lag DISAPPEARS during early mornings (around 12-1 AM) it's almost perfect during this time.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
FYI, I never said that it was in your head. Grow up and stop acting like a little brat. I believe you, but it's not your internet connection. This is further proved by the fact that you have now tried 3 different ISP's, two totally different technologies and have the same issue with all of them.

The only constant in the equation is you, the games you play on that are known to enforce lag compensation and the consoles you are using.

SevereLag

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
I only tried two ISP's (Rogers and Bell) before 2011/2012, Rogers was perfect. Never lagged till 11/12.

You need to grow up and stop defending Bell/Rogers blindly.

I'm experiencing poor service from an ISP, and I get blamed. Lol, ok. It's the customers fault. xD

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
Were you playing the same game before 2011/2012 and now?

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

I only tried two ISP's (Rogers and Bell) before 2011/2012, Rogers was perfect. Never lagged till 11/12.

You need to grow up and stop defending Bell/Rogers blindly.

I'm experiencing poor service from an ISP, and I get blamed. Lol, ok. It's the customers fault. xD

Jesus you're thick-headed.

You tried 3. Bell, Rogers, and Tek.

You are not experiencing poor service at all, in fact you have a connection most people would drool over. If I remember right, you get a constant 2-4 ms on ping tests at all times and always above or exactly the speeds you are subscribed to.

According to you, this was the same on Rogers.

So, just to recap:

1. Two different technologies
3. 3 different ISPs
4. Amazing Pings
5. Great Speeds
6. Same consoles
7. Same games on which it is widely known that they enforce lag compensation.

I do believe you have an issue but there is not a shred of proof that the ISP is to blame, in fact it's completely opposite.

If you would quit being so stubborn and listen to reason, you would see what I'm saying is true.

Nitra

join:2011-09-15
Montreal
And he's back again.

3 ISPs with the same issue, perhaps he'd consider it's not an Internet issue.

Also nice to see his childish insults are right back.

shrugs

@videotron.ca
did he ever paste line stats when the problem is occurring, then get them and paste them again at 1-am when it isn't occurring?

Nitra

Montreal
Yep, always fast, always perfect.

It's not an Internet issue.
Even the traces have always been perfect.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to SevereLag
Try an LTE connection if you have access to one and see what that does for you. Post stat back here about that connection.

Nitra

Montreal
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
It's not an Internet issue, read through his old posts, »/profile/1877839

All the games he's playing employ lag compensation, that's exactly the issue he's seeing.
We've been through this dozens and dozens of replies.

shrugs

@videotron.ca
reply to Nitra
the line stats would show if anything is up between the different times of day.

I don't see them posted anywhere.

Nitra

Montreal
Even Bell couldn't find issues. When he's had the issues, his pings are always fine, speed is always great, nothing off in the node.
He's had this issue with Rogers, Bell and TekSavvy. All with xbox gaming.

shrugs

@videotron.ca
said by Nitra:

Even Bell couldn't find issues. When he's had the issues, his pings are always find, speed is always great, nothing off in the node.
He's had this issue with Rogers, Bell and TekSavvy. All with xbox gaming.

Bell couldn't find an issue?

Bell couldn't find an issue if an issue slapped them upside the head. they are the most useless company in existence.

Ping means nothing. I've had the same issue and it was a line issue that would clear up around the same times. Once it would hit around 10-am the rest of the day was garbage. That is the nature of old copper.

We need to see line stats when the problem is occurring and then again at 1-am when the problem is not occurring to rule out line problems. Pings and whatever Bell has to say is a big zero when it comes to this type thing.

If the stats come out ok, then I would lean towards what you are stating, not before then.

Nitra

Montreal
By all means, have fun dealing with him.

Keep in mind, he left Rogers for this exact issue.

SevereLag

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to SevereLag
Nitra and Redneck completely defend Bell/Rogers at all costs, and keep repeating the same old, same old "lag compensation"

Right, because lag compensation disappears at early mornings. Both of you have been ignored, I'm sick and tired of you guys and your trolling.

@ shrugs, how do I pull up line stats? I think I have to hack the firmware, or something like that?

Please ignore those trolls. They just defend Bhell/Robbers at all costs, no matter what. I'm sure they don't play video games, so they wouldn't understand.