prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · next

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy to Nitra

to Nitra

Re: Bell Internet... LOL, wow amazing!

said by Nitra:

said by rednekcowboy:

Still waiting on the system link test. All COD games support system link. You have said that you play COD, so it should be an easy test....

Make damn sure the consoles are unplugged from the modem when you run this test

Yes, this is true! 2 consoles, 1 ethernet cable and absolutely no router!

I just thought of something else. You in a house or an apartment?
SevereLag
join:2013-10-06

SevereLag

I believe I just spoke to a supervisor, the guy said no one came. The appointment was canceled (no clue why).

He'll call back in 10 minutes to run a line test.

rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy

Let me run something by you here--it's a long shot, but could very well be an issue.

Any baby monitors in the house? Wireless recording/listening devices? Microwave close to your 360?

I'm wondering if there is something in the house or if you are in an apartment, something close enough in a neighbor's apartment that could be causing interference between your 360 and the controller itself.......

Also, why are you ignoring the system link test?

I've actually read a couple of threads where the wireless router was too close to the xbox and causing issues with not only controllers but headsets as well....
SevereLag

SevereLag

@ redneck

no baby monitors, no microwaves, no listening devices. I use a wired controller. I've tried multiple monitors, a tv, multiple hdmi cables, multiple consoles, different ethernet cables... same thing. Nothing wrong on my side.

I'll try system link, but I don't see how that accomplishes anything. That's offline... so of course there would be no lag.

I'll do this in a bit, waiting for a call back.

rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy

said by SevereLag:

@ redneck

no baby monitors, no microwaves, no listening devices. I use a wired controller.

I'll try system link, but I don't see how that accomplishes anything. That's offline... so of course there would be no lag.

I'll do this in a bit, waiting for a call back.

It's not offline, it's over a local network (only a 2 device network--ie the 360's).

What it accomplishes? If there is still lag, you just found your issue. If it doesn't we then know that it's not your console and it's not your network.

Are you in a house or an apartment? Have you always used the same password on your wireless? Have you always used the same password on your router?

Connect to your router. On the left hand side, you should see Device Status Management in the menu as a heading.

Underneath that, you should see network devices. Click on that and then take a screenshot and post it here.
SevereLag

SevereLag

@ redneck

I'm in a house, and only play on a wired connection. Never wireless. I don't use a router, only the Sagemcom modem.

rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy

said by SevereLag:

@ redneck

I'm in a house, and only play on a wired connection. Never wireless. I don't use a router, only the Sagemcom modem.

That is not why I asked. I know you play hard-wired. The Sagemcomm is both a router and a modem in the same device.

Please humor me and answer the questions and provide the screenshot. You're the one that wants help. I'm thinking outside the box and ruling out other possibilities. If you don't want to do it, that's fine, but it does help if you do.
SevereLag

SevereLag

@ redneck

Here comes the trolling. You are wasting your time. Now, I will put you on ignore. Your help isn't needed, bye.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

said by SevereLag:

@ redneck

Here comes the trolling. You are wasting your time. Now, I will put you on ignore. Your help isn't needed, bye.

Where exactly is the trolling?
He's trying to help, and rule out other possible issues.

rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy to SevereLag

to SevereLag
What trolling? I'm trying to help you here for pete's sake.

You know what? Screw you buddy. I'm f'n done.

Grow up ffs, I was only trying to f'n help.
SevereLag

SevereLag

@ Nitra

I will do this system link test just for the sake of it, there's NOTHING WRONG with my consoles.

Of course, blame it on anything else but Bell.

rednekcowboy

2 edits

rednekcowboy

jesus

Kid, take your head out of your own a$$ for 2 freaking minutes. If it proves nothing, then it proves nothing, but it's one more thing that you can definitely rule out as there is not a god-damn thing left to troubleshoot with your network.

Have you always used the same password on your wireless? Have you always used the same password on your router? If you have a bunch of stuff connecting to the wireless side of your router/modem, it can and will affect the performance on the wired side as well

Connect to your router. On the left hand side, you should see Device Status Management in the menu as a heading.

Underneath that, you should see network devices. Click on that and then take a screenshot and post it here.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

rednek, he had this issue with Rogers, he moved to Bell, same issue, new router.
SevereLag

SevereLag

Bell didn't call back. The person said he'd call back in 10 minutes, it's probably been half an hour... just called 310 Bell... and apparently technical support is closed.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

said by SevereLag:

Bell didn't call back.

You really expected better?

rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy to Nitra

to Nitra
said by Nitra:

rednek, he had this issue with Rogers, he moved to Bell, same issue, new router.

Yes but if he's always used the same password on both, he could still have someone hijacking it. Though that would likely show up on speed tests.......

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

Yes, that would have caused other issues. Many other issues.

rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy

Too many devices connected, even if they aren't doing anything could cause issues though that wouldn't show up on speed tests or line stats......

Just trying to think outside the box.
SevereLag

SevereLag

I just called back Bell, asked for the supervisor to call me back, the person on the phone messaged him, and he said the supervisor apologizes, and will call me back in 2-3 mins.

rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy

Just remember to be extremely polite. Too many angry calls will get flagged.
SevereLag

SevereLag

@ redneck

I have been extremely polite actually. Didn't yell or anything. Maybe too kind.

I can wait for a bit more, but I'm just worried he might not even call back.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth to SevereLag

Premium Member

to SevereLag
It truly amazes me how patient and consistent Nitra, rednekcowboy and TypeS have been through all of your repetitiveness. You're rude, obnoxious and flat out disrespectful to nearly everyone who's responded to you. This isn't even the FIRST thread.

Why the mods haven't booted you to the curb is beyond me.

mk1_416
@start.ca

mk1_416 to SevereLag

Anon

to SevereLag
It's your Xbox most likely and not the connection

»forums.xbox.com/xbox_for ··· 521.aspx

rednekcowboy

to SevereLag
Truth of it is that they likely won't call back. I would be very surprised if they did......
SevereLag

SevereLag to nekkidtruth

to nekkidtruth
I see what's going on here. I'm a new member, experiencing a complicated issue, everyone member who's been here for a while teams up against me, because I don't agree with what most of the members are saying.

I haven't been rude, I've been insulted by most members who posted on this thread.

If you're not here to help, I kindly ask you to not post in this thread.

Still waiting for the phone call from Bell. :/

@mk1
Thanks for the reply.

I have re-formatted my hard drive and my USB multiple times, deleted my gamertag multiple times and re-downloaded them, tried playing on different gamertags, etc. I have three consoles, and it was the same for all of them.

As for offline, I don't lag offline.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

said by SevereLag:

I see what's going on here. I'm a new member, experiencing a complicated issue, everyone member who's been here for a while teams up against me, because I don't agree with what most of the members are saying.

I haven't been rude, I've been insulted by most members who posted on this thread.

Not one person has insulted you.
In fact, we've been patient and understanding.

jtl999
join:2012-11-24
canada

jtl999 to SevereLag

to SevereLag
I was a new member at one point a year ago. I made posts. People were not rude to me. It's your attitude. I hope you understand.

rednekcowboy

to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

If you're not here to help, I kindly ask you to not post in this thread.

Still waiting for the phone call from Bell. :/

I'm going to try and ask this as politely and un-offensively as possible:

Do you have issues? Personality disorder or something?

You have 4 threads on this very issue, all over 10 pages long. You have many members trying to help you here, spending countless hours of their own time so you can yell at us and slag us and call us names and then you turn around and say WE are ganging up on YOU?
SevereLag

SevereLag to jtl999

to jtl999
It's not my attitude. It's kind of hard not to be frustrated when you've been insulted, and especially when someone blindly defends the ISP without ruling out a possibility that there's something wrong on their side.

Even a Bell technician claimed the line was very unstable!

When I called back to see if the supervisor would call back, there was a message saying "there's been a report of an issue in you area, if you are calling about this, please press 1"

This wasn't the first time, either. I heard that message about 3 weeks ago.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth to SevereLag

Premium Member

to SevereLag
It has absolutely zero to do with how old your account on this site is. It has everything to do with the fact that for some strange reason, you refuse to face reality.

You refuse to do ANYTHING other than play your game which you have issues with and have done little to nothing to test what's been asked of you. Did you do a systemlink? Have you tested downloading/uploading? Streaming? Any of the OTHER things your Internet connection is capable of? No. You flat out refuse claiming you have a horrible Internet connection with no proof at all.

Everyone here fully understands that the only thing that matters to you is gaming. No one believes otherwise. That being said, there is absolutely not reason AT ALL for you to ignore everything else simply because you don't want to believe it. You came for help, they've tried to help. To be perfectly blunt, these are all things YOU should have tried on your own before even bothering to ask for help. You say "I'm not a technician, I'm a customer". Interesting how you seem to know what your issue is. You can't have it both ways. Either you know, or you don't. The second something is asked of you, you turn around and use this excuse.

You're unbelievable.