prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 ... 11 · 12 · 13 · next

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra to shrugs

to shrugs

Re: Bell Internet... LOL, wow amazing!

said by shrugs :

This is the "quiet" time of the issues you've encountered. What we really need to see now is when you have a "bad time" and want to tell Nitra off some more

I love you too

On his variance, his first stats were posted right after a reboot, I'd expect them to settle a bit after.
We should know by morning what his normal levels are.

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs

Anon

lol, have to have a some fun you know

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

I will next week when my PS4 finally gets here. Sony trolling me, I have most of the games and controllers, no PS4

CrapTelecom
@135.0.33.x

CrapTelecom

Anon

Canada is in 40th place for download speeds. Right after - 39th
Slovakia

it's not getting better.. it's getting worse... mbits/megabytes people don't understand that

jtl999
join:2012-11-24
canada

jtl999

At least Slovakia has FTTH in and is in the top ten list of the FTTH Counsel Europe.

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy to SevereLag

to SevereLag
It should also be noted that just because your buddy in spain has 100/10, that says nothing about the quality of his connection. His pings could be in the 50's and his ISP could have horrible routing and peering. If this were the case, he would never experience gaming lag because others would be artificially handicapped when they play him.

You seem to be forgetting that it's not the profile that counts (unless you are on dialup lol), it's the actual quality of the connection. From everything that you have posted, I would wager that it would be safe to say that your connection is better than the majority by a great margin (probably better than 95% of the people out there in the world, I myself have never seen pings like you are getting).

As for FIFA, all you have to do is google FIFA and lag compensation. Also, while you think that the matches are P2P, it is not a direct connection as it still routes through EA servers. It is not a direct connection as if you are having a lan party. Even when playing against people in the same area, the info still travels to EA and then back to the other player.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to SevereLag

to SevereLag
One other thing to consider is that it's not the ISP/game/etc but the console itself. I wore out the network card on my xbox, as soon as I replaced it many of my issues went away (not all).

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

said by JMJimmy:

One other thing to consider is that it's not the ISP/game/etc but the console itself. I wore out the network card on my xbox, as soon as I replaced it many of my issues went away (not all).

This is less likely to be the issue, as his problems come and go during specific time periods.
JMJimmy

JMJimmy

said by Nitra:

said by JMJimmy:

This is less likely to be the issue, as his problems come and go during specific time periods.

Agreed it is less likely, but if he has a 2nd console he could test with it'd be worth looking into. My issues seemed to be random and I thought it was congestion as well but it was just the network card either overheating or deciding it didn't want to communicate with the router at that given time. Not really sure what the exact problem was but when I got a new console it was down to a crappy modem which I still regularly switch between the Sagemcom & Cellpipe depending on who I can/can't connect to at a given time.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

He does, his brother has one IIRC, I know there was 2 consoles at play here, both with the same issue.

Here's hoping the logs he posts this morning actually show something.
JMJimmy

JMJimmy

said by Nitra:

He does, his brother has one IIRC, I know there was 2 consoles at play here, both with the same issue.

Here's hoping the logs he posts this morning actually show something.

There's a simple way to test then: play a single non-server based game vs himself using both consoles when he's experiencing the problem. If he lags the problem is congestion.

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs to Nitra

Anon

to Nitra
I just hope he's been saving the stats when he experienced the problems.

BTW, I'm not an EA gamer, nor a FIFA gamer like he is. Which EA server should he do a tracert on when he wakes up and starts to experience the problems? Anyone know?
SevereLag
join:2013-10-06

2 edits

SevereLag to JMJimmy

to JMJimmy
Hi Jimmy.

I have three xbox's, tested on all of them, and it's the same thing on all three of them.

I just woke up, didn't play yet, but here's the line stats as of 10:10 AM

Line Status : Port is in Showtime
Mode : 0x4000000 (VDSL2 Profile 17A )
Upstream Payload Rate : 11328 kbps
Downstream : 16176 kbps
=================================================
DIAG Info:
=================================================
Attenuation ( dB ) : 17.8 6.30 (FE LATNpb-0)
30.50 (FE LATNpb-1)
47.20 (FE LATNpb-2)
102.30 (FE LATNpb-3)
102.30 (FE LATNpb-4)
SNR margin ( dB ) : 25.0 21.60 (FE SNRMpb-0)
21.50 (FE SNRMpb-1)
22.00 (FE SNRMpb-2)
-51.20 (FE SNRMpb-3)
-51.20 (FE SNRMpb-4)
US Aggregate Power : 11.1 dbm
DS Attainable Data Rate: 61060 kbps
US Attainable Data Rate: 30654 kbps
HEC counter : HEC_F:0
HEC_S:0
CRC counter : CRC_F:0
CRC_S: 1

Extended Port Status
=================
Bme: 1 Port: 1
Downstream line rate: 17376 kbps
Upstream line rate: 12192 kbps
Bearer0 Downstream payload rate: 0 kbps
Bearer1 Downstream payload rate: 16176 kbps
Bearer0 Upstream payload rate: 0 kbps
Bearer1 Upstream payload rate: 11328 kbps
Downstream attainable payload rate: 61060 kbps
Downstream attainable line rate: 68840 kbps
Downstream Training Margin: 30.6 dB
Downstream Line Protection (Bearer1 Path): 0.0 DMT Symbols
Upstream Line Protection (Bearer1 Path): 0.0 DMT Symbols
Near-end ITU Vendor Id: 0xb500494b4e530200
Far-end ITU Vendor Id: 0xb5004244434da3dd
Downstream delay: 0.0 ms
Upstream delay: 0.0 ms
Tx total power 11.1 dbm
FE Tx total power 12.8 dbm
VDSL Estimated Loop Length : 1828 ft
G.Hs Estimated Near End Loop Length : 578 ft
G.Hs Estimated Far End Loop Length :0 ft
Current framing mode: 0x10 EFM
Bandplan Type...........: 0
No. of Upstream Bands...: 3
No. of Downstream Bands.: 3
Line Type: 0x04000000 VDSL2 Profile 17A
Downstream FFT Protection (Bearer1 Path): 0.0 DMT Symbols
Upstream FFT Protection (Bearer1 Path): 0.0 DMT Symbols
Upstream Line Attenuation: NA (Only for ADSL1 & T1.413)
Upstream SNR Margin: NA (Only for ADSL1 & T1413)
Upstream Retransmission status: Disabled
Downstream Retransmission status: Disabled

Get Near End SNR Margin and Attenuation for Bme: 1 Port 1
=================
SNR Margin: 25.0 dB
Attenuation: 17.8 dB
Avg SNR Margin: 30.6 dB
Avg SNR: 45.5 dB

SNR Margin (SNRMpb-0): 30.6 dB
SNR Margin (SNRMpb-1): 25.8 dB
SNR Margin (SNRMpb-2): 3.9 dB
SNR Margin (SNRMpb-3): 0.0 dB
SNR Margin (SNRMpb-4): 0.0 dB

Line Attenuation (LATNpb-0): 12.5 dB
Line Attenuation (LATNpb-1): 38.5 dB
Line Attenuation (LATNpb-2): 58.0 dB
Line Attenuation (LATNpb-3): 0.0 dB
Line Attenuation (LATNpb-4): 0.0 dB

Signal Attenuation (SATNpb-0): 12.7 dB
Signal Attenuation (SATNpb-1): 36.8 dB
Signal Attenuation (SATNpb-2): 0.0 dB
Signal Attenuation (SATNpb-3): 0.0 dB
Signal Attenuation (SATNpb-4): 0.0 dB
Downstream attainable Line rate : 67352 kbps
Downstream attainable payload rate : 61016 kbps

FEC_B0: 0, CRC_B0: 0, FEC_B1: 20, CRC_B1: 1, LOS: 0 LOF: 0 LOM: 0
NeFECUnCrr_B1: 3, NeFECUnCrr_B0: 0, SEF: 0
TxBlkCnt_B1: 4325447, TxBlkCnt_B0: 0, RxBlkCnt_B1: 5396142, RxBlkCnt_B0: 0
User cells(bearer0): 0, User cells(bearer1): 0,
Idle cells(bearer0): 0, Idle cells(bearer1): 0
NCD_B0: 0, NCD_B1: 0, OCD_B0: 0, OCD_B1: 0, HEC_B0: 0, HEC_B1: 0
FEC_ES: 1, ES: 1, SES: 0, LOS_ES: 0, UNAVL_ES: 0
ESE: 0, FE_ESE: 0 TxCorruptCrc(US): 0 RxCorruptCrc(DS): 0
Near-End Active Failures 0 :
Far-End Active Failures 0 :
Curr numReInit: 0,Curr numInitFailure: 0,PowerOnNumReInit: 0
FE_FEC_B0: 0, FE_CRC_B0: 0, FE_FEC_B1: 2, FE_CRC_B1: 9
FE_LOS: 0, FE_RDI: 0, FE_LPR: 0 FE_LOM: 0 FE_PO: 0
FE_OCD_B0: 0, FE_OCD_B1: 0, FE_HEC_B0: 0, FE_HEC_B1: 0
FE_FEC_ES: 2, FE_ES: 9, FE_SES: 0, FE_LOS_ES: 0 FE_UNAVL_ES: 0

I even tried playing against my brother (I used the Bell connection) and he used the Rogers connection (contract didn't end yet), and there was lag for both of us. This was during the day, abut two/three weeks ago.

Our players felt like they were stuck in quick sand... button lag, passing was hard, etc.

Just a reminder, I lag on all games, not just FIFA during the day and evening.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to SevereLag

to SevereLag
Show us your pings...

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra to SevereLag

to SevereLag
There's nothing at issue with those stats.

The SNR did drop slightly from the first post after the reboot last night, but it's still well into the excellent range, there's no continuing errors or instability showing in the stats.

EDIT: As I said last night, after I reboot, it can take a few hours for your stats to settle right down and give you a more accurate picture of the line, I'd also expect them to change slightly during the day as the lines warm up and cool down, you will notice slight drift on the SNR, but there's nothing out of line on with the stats as posted.
SevereLag

SevereLag

If there's nothing show up on line stats (like nothing wrong with the line) then there must be something wrong at the remote. I'm not paying Bell for part time Internet, and I'm sure as hell I'm not paying Bell so I can lag during the day and night.

When I ping google.ca, I get 5 ms during the day/evening/early mornings. It's always the same.

Pinging to easo.ea.com is 38 ms (always the same all the time).

I know someone from Ottawa who's on Rogers, and he says he notices a difference between playing at late night's compared to the day. He says he doesn't lag during the day, but the connection improves once it's late night, like the game feels like your playing offline.

I, however, experience horrible lag until early mornings.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

No, there's nothing wrong with the remote.
Your stats would be effected, your pings would be as well.
You are not having an issue with your internet, your stats and data posted now prove it beyond any doubt.

You finally have concrete proof that the connection/line itself it well above excellent.
Now, you need to look at other possibilities.
Many here have suggested this, myself included.
SevereLag

SevereLag

@ Nitra

Well, quite clearly I am. I wouldn't be posting here if I wasn't experiencing issues.

The first few days of my service were excellent, like I didn't get ANY lag during the day or night. It was just perfect and stable 24/7 (from September 26 until October 1st) and ever since, it's the same. Only works at early mornings.

During this time though, I did see a few Bell van's on my street and around the neighborhood. I'm guessing they got more customers, and that explains my lag.

Tomorrow, I think I'm heading over to my cousin's house. I will test out my cousin's connection (he lives in a newer neighborhood) and see if it's any different).

Oh my god, I'm so pissed off.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to SevereLag

to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

I, however, experience horrible lag until early mornings.

It is possible that it is EA's netcode. The new release of BF4 for the PC showed huge issues of rubber banding and lag on release. It took tow weeks of server tweaking to resolve the issues. The problem may be upstream and not on your end.
SevereLag

SevereLag

I don't know, I don't play Battlefield. I heard Battlefield has dedicated servers? I'm not sure on that one, though.

All I know is that I've asked many good players on FIFA ( the one's who play this game for money)if they experience lag, like button delay, players stuck in quicksand, they all say no.

The first few days of my service (from Sept 26 to Oct 1) no lag... at all. COD ran perfect, FIFA ran perfect... it was just amazing. No lag at all... no matter what time, but that didn't last long.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra to DKS

to DKS
This is clearly Lag Comp at play the OP won't even consider it, even though there's 10's of thousands of posts regarding the games he plays and issues with Lag Comp.

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs to SevereLag

Anon

to SevereLag
yeah you have some frame errors and CRC errors and now the occupancy is also jumping on the downstream, not just the upstream. It jumps enough to cause the tiny bit of errors we see.

Would it cause problems? eh maybe you would see an issue, but it doesn't appear to be like it would cause constant issues as you describe.

Now go play the game and let us know if it's good, bad, or so-so.

I want to see the stats when it's bad.

And yeah this shows the line isn't 100% stable. What I want to see now is just how unstable it is. The stats will show that eventually. Or show that there is just a minor stability issue.

Keep playing and keep taking notes.

And try and find the specific EA server that you can do a "tracert" on when you have the problem bad.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

@shrugs, he has 3 uncorrectable errors in 12 hours, this isn't his issue, this isn't causing the problem he's having.
The other CRC errors (all 9 of them in 12 hours) were corrected, and 9 errors in 12 hours, isn't causing his issue.

Those may well have happened with a gust of wind, or someone picking up the phone, but none are causing his character to feel heavy or give button delay.
SevereLag

SevereLag to shrugs

to shrugs
I have no clue, there's a page here that mentions to ping easo.ea.com for FIFA:

»help.ea.com/ca/article/h ··· uo-trace

I'll run a few test games right now, and let you know.

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs to Nitra

Anon

to Nitra
said by Nitra:

You finally have concrete proof that the connection/line itself it well above excellent.

I wouldn't say that. The stats show he is getting errors plus his line has a minor stability problem.

Just because we don't see it at the moment doesn't mean it will not get worse through-out the day.

We still have to play the waiting game till his connection totally sucks *ss. Around 9-10pm tonight.

Keep the info coming SevereLag.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

@shrugs, read my last post to you.
SevereLag

SevereLag to shrugs

to shrugs
Thanks shrugs. Yeah, it's really bad between 3 PM until early mornings. Gotta wait until then.

But just curious, even IF these errors were "corrected", WHY is it popping up in the first place?!

Should I show these stats to the Bell technician?

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

To log that there was a CRC issue noticed.

However, there's a difference between corrected, and uncorrected.

You had 3 uncorrected blocks in 12 hours.
Those blocks are tiny, and would not have caused the ongoing issue you're seeing.
I was looking for those numbers to be in the high thousands or tens of thousands. Having a couple in a 12 hour period isn't contributing to this issue.

Try this, go pick up the phone, make a quick phone call to something, say like 1-800-676-7658 and let it pick up on the other end, wait 10 seconds, hang up, see if the counts change.
Nitra

Nitra to SevereLag

to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

They won't care about it, truth be told. It's such a minor issue.
If we can sort out where they came from, that may be a different story.

I don't have a copy of FIFA to play until next week or I'd troubleshoot it further, even then, it's going to be apples to oranges, my copy will be on PS4, you have an Xbox.
I'd love to run a wireshark on your lan and see if anything pops up.

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs to SevereLag

Anon

to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

Thanks shrugs. Yeah, it's really bad between 3 PM until early mornings. Gotta wait until then.

But just curious, even IF these errors were "corrected", WHY is it popping up in the first place?!

Nitra, I saw your post and replied, but sometime posts get held back for approal by a mod. Happens. Have to wait that out too

SevereLag, it shows because it part of diagnostics. When trouble-shooting lines like your and they type of complaint you have it helps. lots and lots of errors would explain the lag. But you only have a few. So you shouldn't be banging your head against a wall with what we see.

But, we still have to wait and see if it gets worse.

Many times an outside physical line problem gets worse with weather (more so when it is aerial lines), rain can cause it to be more unstable, high winds, and the temperature itself in addition to condensation and humidity. When you get two or 3 things happening at the same time, rain, temperature winds it can get 100X worse.

And then inside the house it could be a few things as well.

That's why I said wait it out a bit longer.

So far we see it's minor. But it could be worse and it could be intermittent when certain factors are at play. Just keep pasting them here or in a text file. Do not turn off that modem.