All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
SevereLag
join:2013-10-06

SevereLag to JMJimmy

to JMJimmy

Re: Bell Internet... LOL, wow amazing!

I'm on the 7330 with the Sagemcom 2864 modem. What I do find interesting, though, is this:

»primus.ca/index.php/bc_e ··· nagement

They say that they give gaming traffic the highest priority. Might be worth a shot. As for Start or TekSavvy, they use Bell's lines... so if I switched over, I'd still have the same problem (unfortunately).

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by SevereLag:

I'm on the 7330 with the Sagemcom 2864 modem. What I do find interesting, though, is this:

»primus.ca/index.php/bc_e ··· nagement

They say that they give gaming traffic the highest priority. Might be worth a shot. As for Start or TekSavvy, they use Bell's lines... so if I switched over, I'd still have the same problem (unfortunately).

TekSavvy or Start use Bell's lines for last mile connectivity, but their IP network is completely separate, as all third party ISP's have their own routers & peering arrangements.

You haven't tracked down what the problem is. Unlikely its the modem since it was swapped, it could be a faulty port on the remote, could be bell's routing...
SevereLag
join:2013-10-06

SevereLag

Marc (from TekSavvy) was nice enough to give me a test login, but I still had the same issue.

Bell LITERALLY refuses to help at all. I don't know, I'll try calling them again (omg their support is so sad... I don't think I can explain it in words) and see if they can switch me to a different port.

It's not my job to track down the problem, I'm not a technician, just a customer who's really, really pissed off.

Thanks for the idea though. Oh man, I don't think I can explain in words how pissed off I am ATM.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to SevereLag

to SevereLag
You likely wouldn't have the same problem. 3rd party providers have different routing so unless it's congested at the local level. Way back when I switched and immediately had my ping rates go from 250+ average to between 6-11ms.

I wouldn't touch primus with a 10 foot pole.