All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
SevereLag
join:2013-10-06

SevereLag to rednekcowboy

to rednekcowboy

Re: Bell Internet... LOL, wow amazing!

So why does my Internet get better at early mornings? Care to explain that? Care to explain why I don't even lag against ANYONE during early mornings, no matter where they're from?

It's not lag compensation. Stop blaming that. I know people with amazing Internet, with low pings (from different countries) and never experience lag.

I even purposely made my connection worst (running torrents while playing) it just made it worst, not better, so no, it's not lag compensation.

HiVolt isn't experiencing any lag issues.

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy

said by SevereLag:

So why does my Internet get better at early mornings? Care to explain that? Care to explain why I don't even lag against ANYONE during early mornings, no matter where they're from?

It's not lag compensation. Stop blaming that. I know people with amazing Internet, with low pings (from different countries) and never experience lag.

I even purposely made my connection worst (running torrents while playing) it just made it worst, not better, so no, it's not lag compensation.

HiVolt isn't experiencing any lag issues.

And we proved that it's not your internet. You have consistently amazing speeds with absolutely no indication of any slowdowns whatsoever at any time of day, other than your perception of gaming lag. So stop blaming that.

I don't know how they enforce lag compensation. Is it possible, even just a little, that they only turn on lag compensation when the majority of gamers are online?

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Jonathan to SevereLag

Premium Member

to SevereLag
Hi severelag,

I think I remember you from a little while back. Unfortunately our DSL login still had that same lag. Have you considered Cable internet? Might be an option to look into, if you are interested please feel free to reach out to me again.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
SevereLag

SevereLag to rednekcowboy

to rednekcowboy
You proved nothing, literally nothing at all. Oh yeah, Lag is all in your head! It doesn't exist!

Right, just pretend it doesn't exist!

You are blindly defending Bell.
SevereLag

SevereLag to TSI Jonathan

to TSI Jonathan
I had the same issue with Rogers... it started around 2011/2012, never had any lag during the day or night before those years. I was quite happy with them before.

The Internet for Rogers got better after 10:00 PM till around 7 AM (somewhere around there)

rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy to SevereLag

to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

You proved nothing, literally nothing at all. Oh yeah, Lag is all in your head! It doesn't exist!

Right, just pretend it doesn't exist!

You are blindly defending Bell.

And this is the typical behavior, then you start insulting the people posting in your thread.

I absolutely hate Bhell. I would never touch any of their services whatsoever at any rate, even if it were free.

We did prove that it is not your connection. Never once were you able to show by any of the tests Nitra and I had you run that your connection ever slowed down whatsoever at any time.

FYI, I never said that it was in your head. Grow up and stop acting like a little brat. I believe you, but it's not your internet connection. This is further proved by the fact that you have now tried 3 different ISP's, two totally different technologies and have the same issue with all of them.

The only constant in the equation is you, the games you play on that are known to enforce lag compensation and the consoles you are using.
SevereLag

SevereLag

Look. I ran tests, everything came out "fine" just because it appears fine, doesn't mean it is. I believe it's some sort of hidden issue that simply can't be seen on stats.

The lag I experience is very real.

Would I be here, complaining and getting really pissed off if I wasn't lagging during the day and night?

Note: Lag DISAPPEARS during early mornings (around 12-1 AM) it's almost perfect during this time.

rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy

FYI, I never said that it was in your head. Grow up and stop acting like a little brat. I believe you, but it's not your internet connection. This is further proved by the fact that you have now tried 3 different ISP's, two totally different technologies and have the same issue with all of them.

The only constant in the equation is you, the games you play on that are known to enforce lag compensation and the consoles you are using.
SevereLag

SevereLag

I only tried two ISP's (Rogers and Bell) before 2011/2012, Rogers was perfect. Never lagged till 11/12.

You need to grow up and stop defending Bell/Rogers blindly.

I'm experiencing poor service from an ISP, and I get blamed. Lol, ok. It's the customers fault. xD

jtl999
join:2012-11-24
canada

jtl999

Were you playing the same game before 2011/2012 and now?

rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy to SevereLag

to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

I only tried two ISP's (Rogers and Bell) before 2011/2012, Rogers was perfect. Never lagged till 11/12.

You need to grow up and stop defending Bell/Rogers blindly.

I'm experiencing poor service from an ISP, and I get blamed. Lol, ok. It's the customers fault. xD

Jesus you're thick-headed.

You tried 3. Bell, Rogers, and Tek.

You are not experiencing poor service at all, in fact you have a connection most people would drool over. If I remember right, you get a constant 2-4 ms on ping tests at all times and always above or exactly the speeds you are subscribed to.

According to you, this was the same on Rogers.

So, just to recap:

1. Two different technologies
3. 3 different ISPs
4. Amazing Pings
5. Great Speeds
6. Same consoles
7. Same games on which it is widely known that they enforce lag compensation.

I do believe you have an issue but there is not a shred of proof that the ISP is to blame, in fact it's completely opposite.

If you would quit being so stubborn and listen to reason, you would see what I'm saying is true.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

And he's back again.

3 ISPs with the same issue, perhaps he'd consider it's not an Internet issue.

Also nice to see his childish insults are right back.

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs

Anon

did he ever paste line stats when the problem is occurring, then get them and paste them again at 1-am when it isn't occurring?

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

Yep, always fast, always perfect.

It's not an Internet issue.
Even the traces have always been perfect.

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs

Anon

the line stats would show if anything is up between the different times of day.

I don't see them posted anywhere.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

Even Bell couldn't find issues. When he's had the issues, his pings are always fine, speed is always great, nothing off in the node.
He's had this issue with Rogers, Bell and TekSavvy. All with xbox gaming.

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs

Anon

said by Nitra:

Even Bell couldn't find issues. When he's had the issues, his pings are always find, speed is always great, nothing off in the node.
He's had this issue with Rogers, Bell and TekSavvy. All with xbox gaming.

Bell couldn't find an issue?

Bell couldn't find an issue if an issue slapped them upside the head. they are the most useless company in existence.

Ping means nothing. I've had the same issue and it was a line issue that would clear up around the same times. Once it would hit around 10-am the rest of the day was garbage. That is the nature of old copper.

We need to see line stats when the problem is occurring and then again at 1-am when the problem is not occurring to rule out line problems. Pings and whatever Bell has to say is a big zero when it comes to this type thing.

If the stats come out ok, then I would lean towards what you are stating, not before then.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

By all means, have fun dealing with him.

Keep in mind, he left Rogers for this exact issue.

Shrugs
@videotron.ca

Shrugs to Nitra

Anon

to Nitra
oh, with Rogers too? k then, different story. But Rogers did indeed throttle gaming back then during the years he stated.

Up to him to step up to the plate and post stats, but I guess his attitude says it all:
"It's not my job to track down the problem, I'm not a technician".

*shrug*

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

He left Rogers recently, not 2 years ago.
Something like 1.5 months or so ago.
SevereLag

SevereLag to Shrugs

to Shrugs
Oh man, it's quite clear you guys are ALL Bell/Rogers lovers. I'm simply a customer who's receiving shit service, not a "technician". Why do I have to do this work that my ISP should be doing? Why am I doing the work that technicians should be doing? I'm willing to try things of course, but what is Bell doing to try to fix this problem?

As I said, before 2012, Rogers was perfect. During/after 2012, I started experiencing problems. I got pissed, switched over to Bell, first few days of service was excellent 24/7, then again, like Rogers, lag during the day and evening. I saw a few Bell vans in my neighborhood, so it most likely means more people are using their service in my area which = congestion.

I'll try to find out how to show line stats, but I don't think there's nothing wrong with the line. I just called Bell and they said the line looks fine... but what about at the DSLAM/OPI? Why is everyone ignoring the possibility (and pretty much most likely) the problem as at THEIR end?

As you said man, it turns into shit after 10AM... did they fix the problem for you?

I got off the phone, the guy at Bell turned my profile from 15/10 to 22/3, ping went from 4 ms to 18 ms. He told me to play during the next two hours, so I did:

Ran a few games and it got so much worst. The button delay got even worst.

I think he said he switched me on a different server. It's a lot worst now. Hopefully they call back in the next 2 hours, reset it to whatever it was before, and look further into this problem.

Shrugs
@videotron.ca

Shrugs

Anon

said by SevereLag:

I'm simply a customer who's receiving shit service, not a "technician". Why do I have to do this work that my ISP should be doing? Why am I doing the work that technicians should be doing?

Thousands of us got this same type service from Bell when issues occurred. Thus the reason why people learned to pull the stats from their modems. Bell would just lie to people and tell them no issue exists. Thus the reason how TSI started to become popular back in the day, they didn't blow people off like Bell did with these same type complaints.

Why? I agree we shouldn't have to. But Bell is a shithole of a company, and such is life.

Did TSI ever look at your stats when you tried them? I would think this would have been the first thing they would have looked at, unlike Bell. So I would trust them if they said they saw no issue (but it takes 2 looks sometimes, during and after).