spc
uniqs

Shrugs
@videotron.ca

Shrugs to Nitra

Anon

to Nitra

Re: Bell Internet... LOL, wow amazing!

oh, with Rogers too? k then, different story. But Rogers did indeed throttle gaming back then during the years he stated.

Up to him to step up to the plate and post stats, but I guess his attitude says it all:
"It's not my job to track down the problem, I'm not a technician".

*shrug*

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

He left Rogers recently, not 2 years ago.
Something like 1.5 months or so ago.
SevereLag
join:2013-10-06

SevereLag to Shrugs

to Shrugs
Oh man, it's quite clear you guys are ALL Bell/Rogers lovers. I'm simply a customer who's receiving shit service, not a "technician". Why do I have to do this work that my ISP should be doing? Why am I doing the work that technicians should be doing? I'm willing to try things of course, but what is Bell doing to try to fix this problem?

As I said, before 2012, Rogers was perfect. During/after 2012, I started experiencing problems. I got pissed, switched over to Bell, first few days of service was excellent 24/7, then again, like Rogers, lag during the day and evening. I saw a few Bell vans in my neighborhood, so it most likely means more people are using their service in my area which = congestion.

I'll try to find out how to show line stats, but I don't think there's nothing wrong with the line. I just called Bell and they said the line looks fine... but what about at the DSLAM/OPI? Why is everyone ignoring the possibility (and pretty much most likely) the problem as at THEIR end?

As you said man, it turns into shit after 10AM... did they fix the problem for you?

I got off the phone, the guy at Bell turned my profile from 15/10 to 22/3, ping went from 4 ms to 18 ms. He told me to play during the next two hours, so I did:

Ran a few games and it got so much worst. The button delay got even worst.

I think he said he switched me on a different server. It's a lot worst now. Hopefully they call back in the next 2 hours, reset it to whatever it was before, and look further into this problem.

Shrugs
@videotron.ca

Shrugs

Anon

said by SevereLag:

I'm simply a customer who's receiving shit service, not a "technician". Why do I have to do this work that my ISP should be doing? Why am I doing the work that technicians should be doing?

Thousands of us got this same type service from Bell when issues occurred. Thus the reason why people learned to pull the stats from their modems. Bell would just lie to people and tell them no issue exists. Thus the reason how TSI started to become popular back in the day, they didn't blow people off like Bell did with these same type complaints.

Why? I agree we shouldn't have to. But Bell is a shithole of a company, and such is life.

Did TSI ever look at your stats when you tried them? I would think this would have been the first thing they would have looked at, unlike Bell. So I would trust them if they said they saw no issue (but it takes 2 looks sometimes, during and after).