All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CarlaBoots

@suddenlink.net

Does SL provide free software so I can monitor usage on my PC?

Does SL provide free software so I can monitor usage on my PC?

moldypickle
Premium
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

Yes, log in to your account on the website and their is a meter updated daily.

CarlaBoots

@suddenlink.net
thanks, but I was thinking about something that I can install on my PC.

My PC is the only device connected via ethernet cable to my cable modem. No router or anything else.

dhudson1984

join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV
reply to CarlaBoots
No. They provide a meter. Nothing else needed. I'm not sure why you would want something like that physically installed on your PC taking up space when you can just login to your account and view it there. As moldy said, it's updated daily.

dhudson1984

join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV
reply to CarlaBoots
I've never really payed any attention to mine as it isn't forced upon us, but I just had a look... 23.6GB so far in this cycle, which ends on the 20th. All I do is basic browsing, YouTube, etc., and online gaming.

moldypickle
Premium
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to CarlaBoots
said by CarlaBoots :

I was thinking about something that I can install on my PC

They don't. The problem with that though is SL has already come out and said that their meter is what will be used for all their purposes and that your meter could be wrong. Plus, if the SL meter doesn't update on time, that entire days usage gets zero'd out and there will be a larger difference between you and them.

If you are wanting something just as a quick visual reference though, there are numerous third party programs, both free and paid, that will count traffic. Many routers also have built in meters, you just have to set them up and turn them on.
--
50/3 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old

HarryH3
Premium
join:2005-02-21
reply to CarlaBoots
Check out this post: »Something like netmeter?

You might find something there that will help.