dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
SevereLag
join:2013-10-06

SevereLag

Re: Bell Internet... LOL, wow amazing!

If there's nothing show up on line stats (like nothing wrong with the line) then there must be something wrong at the remote. I'm not paying Bell for part time Internet, and I'm sure as hell I'm not paying Bell so I can lag during the day and night.

When I ping google.ca, I get 5 ms during the day/evening/early mornings. It's always the same.

Pinging to easo.ea.com is 38 ms (always the same all the time).

I know someone from Ottawa who's on Rogers, and he says he notices a difference between playing at late night's compared to the day. He says he doesn't lag during the day, but the connection improves once it's late night, like the game feels like your playing offline.

I, however, experience horrible lag until early mornings.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

No, there's nothing wrong with the remote.
Your stats would be effected, your pings would be as well.
You are not having an issue with your internet, your stats and data posted now prove it beyond any doubt.

You finally have concrete proof that the connection/line itself it well above excellent.
Now, you need to look at other possibilities.
Many here have suggested this, myself included.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to SevereLag

to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

I, however, experience horrible lag until early mornings.

It is possible that it is EA's netcode. The new release of BF4 for the PC showed huge issues of rubber banding and lag on release. It took tow weeks of server tweaking to resolve the issues. The problem may be upstream and not on your end.
SevereLag

SevereLag

I don't know, I don't play Battlefield. I heard Battlefield has dedicated servers? I'm not sure on that one, though.

All I know is that I've asked many good players on FIFA ( the one's who play this game for money)if they experience lag, like button delay, players stuck in quicksand, they all say no.

The first few days of my service (from Sept 26 to Oct 1) no lag... at all. COD ran perfect, FIFA ran perfect... it was just amazing. No lag at all... no matter what time, but that didn't last long.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra to DKS

to DKS
This is clearly Lag Comp at play the OP won't even consider it, even though there's 10's of thousands of posts regarding the games he plays and issues with Lag Comp.

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs to Nitra

Anon

to Nitra
said by Nitra:

You finally have concrete proof that the connection/line itself it well above excellent.

I wouldn't say that. The stats show he is getting errors plus his line has a minor stability problem.

Just because we don't see it at the moment doesn't mean it will not get worse through-out the day.

We still have to play the waiting game till his connection totally sucks *ss. Around 9-10pm tonight.

Keep the info coming SevereLag.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

@shrugs, read my last post to you.
SevereLag

SevereLag to shrugs

to shrugs
Thanks shrugs. Yeah, it's really bad between 3 PM until early mornings. Gotta wait until then.

But just curious, even IF these errors were "corrected", WHY is it popping up in the first place?!

Should I show these stats to the Bell technician?

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

To log that there was a CRC issue noticed.

However, there's a difference between corrected, and uncorrected.

You had 3 uncorrected blocks in 12 hours.
Those blocks are tiny, and would not have caused the ongoing issue you're seeing.
I was looking for those numbers to be in the high thousands or tens of thousands. Having a couple in a 12 hour period isn't contributing to this issue.

Try this, go pick up the phone, make a quick phone call to something, say like 1-800-676-7658 and let it pick up on the other end, wait 10 seconds, hang up, see if the counts change.
Nitra

Nitra to SevereLag

to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

They won't care about it, truth be told. It's such a minor issue.
If we can sort out where they came from, that may be a different story.

I don't have a copy of FIFA to play until next week or I'd troubleshoot it further, even then, it's going to be apples to oranges, my copy will be on PS4, you have an Xbox.
I'd love to run a wireshark on your lan and see if anything pops up.

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs to SevereLag

Anon

to SevereLag
said by SevereLag:

Thanks shrugs. Yeah, it's really bad between 3 PM until early mornings. Gotta wait until then.

But just curious, even IF these errors were "corrected", WHY is it popping up in the first place?!

Nitra, I saw your post and replied, but sometime posts get held back for approal by a mod. Happens. Have to wait that out too

SevereLag, it shows because it part of diagnostics. When trouble-shooting lines like your and they type of complaint you have it helps. lots and lots of errors would explain the lag. But you only have a few. So you shouldn't be banging your head against a wall with what we see.

But, we still have to wait and see if it gets worse.

Many times an outside physical line problem gets worse with weather (more so when it is aerial lines), rain can cause it to be more unstable, high winds, and the temperature itself in addition to condensation and humidity. When you get two or 3 things happening at the same time, rain, temperature winds it can get 100X worse.

And then inside the house it could be a few things as well.

That's why I said wait it out a bit longer.

So far we see it's minor. But it could be worse and it could be intermittent when certain factors are at play. Just keep pasting them here or in a text file. Do not turn off that modem.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to SevereLag

to SevereLag
Download Aegis Wing (free) on 2 systems - play a co-op match using the same router/modem with both systems directly wired, no QoS/Port Forwarding/etc (just UPnP enabled) and no randoms.

If you experience lag there, then start looking at your connection. If you don't see any lag then I guarantee you it has nothing to do with your connection, it's strictly lag comp/shitty EA code/shitty EA servers or a problem with the modem/wire/console. To isolate the latter three: First, try switching out the wires if you have spares. Second, try the different pairs of consoles doing the Aegis Wing test to see if 1 of them is causing the issue and it's affecting the other. Third, try yet another new modem.

If after all of that the problem persists you're out of luck - it's lag comp/shitty code/slow servers. Which, sad to say, isn't unusual with the games you're playing.
SevereLag

SevereLag

Will do right now.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

Between your 2 posts with stats, were any phone calls made?