uniqs
Rick5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06

Rick5 to camper

Premium Member

to camper

Re: Problem with Comcast . com

Camper...just to reiterate I'm not having the problem with any other site besides Comcast. Several other websites I visit often I select the remember option and have no problems when I go back (ie: yahoo, BBR). and so, this Is specific to Comcast for me which would seem to rule out your list.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 edit

Johkal

MVM

Same for me as well. It's only Comcast which will require a log in every time.

I'll also add that I can stay logged in on "Comcast.net"
Why ".com" is an issue is unknown.

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper to Rick5

Premium Member

to Rick5
said by Rick5:

this Is specific to Comcast for me which would seem to rule out your list.

Ahhh... OK.

I just logged in to comcast . com using Firefox, and went to Tools | Options | Privacy | Show cookies

I see that many of the cookies comcast uses are session cookies. One cookie is set to expire in 30 minutes, the remaining cookies are set to expire as soon as they are set, i.e., they expire immediately.

Based upon that, it looks like the issue is on the comcast side of things.
Rick5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06

Rick5

Premium Member

And so Camper...when u go back to Comcast.com after selecting remember me and closing your browser are you being asked to relog in as well?

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

1 recommendation

camper

Premium Member

Yup.

Even when I select "remember me", there are still a lot of session cookies given to me, though the early expire cookies I mentioned in my prior message now have a longer expiration date.

After selecting "remember me," when I closed the browser (FF25.0, Windows 7-64bit) and returned to comcast.com, I had to log in again.

One other thing I noticed, there were cookies for comcast.net which disappeared when I closed my browser. Don't know if that was intentional on comcast's part or not.

It still looks to me as something that comcast needs to work on....