YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON

nekkidtruth to shrugs

Premium Member

to shrugs

Re: Bell Internet... LOL, wow amazing!

You're leading him on for the sake of a good laugh right???

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs

Anon

said by nekkidtruth:

Nope. Not at all.
He has some sort of random noise spike(s). It's very clear to see it in those stats.

Mind you, what I see is rather minor, but what I said is true.

Just because the stats are better than other peoples stats (or people would love to have his stats) doesn't negate that fact the line does indeed have a minor noise issue with it. Only time will tell if those noise spikes get worse due to certain conditions.
shrugs

shrugs to nekkidtruth

Anon

to nekkidtruth
said by nekkidtruth:

But, I'm not saying it is the cause of what he experiences, as I stated above.

Just want to be clear on that.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON

nekkidtruth to shrugs

Premium Member

to shrugs
It isn't just rather minor. It's VERY minor. Anyway, I'll be over here ----> with popcorn waiting for him to lose it on you too.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra to shrugs

to shrugs
said by shrugs :

Only time will tell if those noise spikes get worse due to certain conditions.

His SNR would go for a shit if that was the case.
The errors as he's posted are meaningless.

shrugs
@videotron.ca

shrugs

Anon

said by Nitra:

said by shrugs :

Only time will tell if those noise spikes get worse due to certain conditions.

His SNR would go for a shit if that was the case.
The errors as he's posted are meaningless.

This is where we will have to agree to disagree.

the way the stats are presented by this modem (or as we get to see them here), it's a snapshot at a certain time frame.

We know he has noise on the line this is shown by both the occupancy (which is calculated) and the small jumps we see in SNR.

Uncorrected FEC's will be caused by noise. So what likely happened (and what we didn't get to see) is that there was a few big spikes in noise. While the noise spikes wasn't recorded as SNR (because it doesn't keep a history), what it did was cause packet loss (that's the FEC, and likely CRC's). That is does keep a history of.

Hence, we now know there are spikes in noise large enough to cause errors on his line, however negligible.

So yeah there are spikes. But like I said, they are minor. However, although I agree it's negligible so far, this is showing his line is not stable nonetheless. A stable line does not do this.

Can it get worse and cause more errors (lots)? Yup the possibility is there with whatever is causing these spikes and depending on what is causing it. This is the type of thing he will have to keep his eyeballs on for a few days. If it all remains like what we see here, then it's good enough to ignore as you stated.