how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

silentlooker
Premium
join:2009-11-01

Outdoor wifi survilanca Camera, battery operated

I am looking at installing outside surveillance camera that I can monitor on my computer and from my android cell phone. Camera would need to have wifi and also if possible battery operated instead of a/c plug. Can someone recommend me one?

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
I don't think if they are available they would be reliable. You should run poe or something.

lutful
... of ideas
Premium
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON
kudos:1
reply to silentlooker
D-Link IP cameras have many Android apps and consume very little DC power.

You can use Li-ion battery packs designed for smartphones to power them for a few hours. But you need to make a DIY cable with DC plug on one end and USB on the other end.

*** There are stuff like this coming soon: »www.hivelabs.com/

Meet the Hive security camera. Award winning design. Crystal clear audio and video. Motion detection. Works day and night. And, unlike any other camera, it runs for 12 months on two AA batteries. Incredible! ... take that bold word literally for now.

H_T_R_N
Premium
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA
kudos:1
reply to silentlooker

silentlooker
Premium
reply to justin
said by justin:

I don't think if they are available they would be reliable. You should run poe or something.

Yes you probably are correct.

alphageek911

join:2007-08-10
Fresno, CA
reply to silentlooker
There are some out there, but they are outside normal budgets- $3K or so, per camera- »www.micropower.com/products/heli···verview/
Other than that, you could roll your own using several deep cycle marine batteries, and rotate them as necessary.

silentlooker
Premium
Now that i am thinking about it, looking for one that is battery only is unrealistic. So what is out there that is WiFi capable that can be monitored using android phone and computer? Is there is something that is reasonable priced? I am just looking to put few outside the house.

fluffybunny

@teksavvy.com
try these :
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···81102070
$180. HD PTZ IR WIFI