share rss forum feed

bbtech6650
Premium
join:2004-10-28
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

New Apple iDevices powered by Verizon LTE

Just noticing that its impossible to walk into a VZW store around here and buy an new model iAnything (except iP5c). I realize the 5s is rumored to have issues with the supply of the fingerprint reader but the iPad air doesn't have a fingerprint reader and I can't find a Verizon iPad air anywhere.

Is this a new thing or does this happen all of the time? This is the first time I've been interested in apple products for use with a carrier.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

»store.apple.com/us/buy-ipad/ipad-air

In most combos I could put together (16GB/ 32GB verizon / att/ sprint grey / white / etc) they all say 5-7 days.

If you have an apple store near you, they might have one on hand (if you are avoiding buying from the apple online store).

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
reply to bbtech6650

For atleast several months, you likely won't see these in verizon's stores. Apple stores likely will have them in a little bit but best bet is looking online. Of course if you want to see and play with one in a store, you're out of luck but apple stores usually have demo units whether they have them in stock for sale or not.

Stores are moving away from keeping alot of inventory in the stores as they can't always gauge demand at one store vs another and they want inventory gone as quickly as possible.

bbtech6650
Premium
join:2004-10-28
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to bbtech6650

Thanks for the feedback folks. I actually was able to find one in stock at a local apple store. At first, I had wanted to take advantage of the VZW trade-in promotion and $100 off for a 2 year contract. I just bit the bullet and paid full price to stay MtM.