share rss forum feed

stevennb
Ok, But, Thats The Last Straw.
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Wayne, NJ

[OOL] Here's a wierd situation.

Click for full size
this is after i enter my user credentials and press enter.
I occasionally go to this social networking site..."fubar.com." Up until a few days ago I could login with no problems at all. I'll get to the main screen and enter my credentials , press enter and then I'll get this blank screen (attached for your perusal.)

I cleaned out the browsers cache (heck I tried 4 different browsers with the same result) , rebooted the modem/router as well. After emailing tech support this is their response
" This is your account. I checked again and there are no blocks or bans for this account on your profile. Can you contact your ISP and ask them if they are filtering our site? "

Could it be that OOL is blocking the site somehow?
--
"They moved my desk 4 times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels and they were married, but then they moved my desk and they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler.

kdshapiro

join:2000-03-29
Eatontown, NJ
I would think not. Have you tried the site on an alternate device or service.
--
Ken

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
reply to stevennb
said by stevennb:

Could it be that OOL is blocking the site somehow?

Seems very unlikely since you get there and sign-in. Are you running an AV or blocking program that could be filtering something on that page?

Try opening a second window to the site before you sign-in. Then use some of the links on the second page and see what happens.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

stevennb
Premium
Wayne, NJ
reply to stevennb
Click for full size
I'm running MSE - but I haven't changed anything settings wise , other than down loading the daily updates.

I don't understand what you mean by opening up a second window. Attached you'll see the login screen...once I enter my info and press enter it takes me (well it should) to the actual site.
--
"They moved my desk 4 times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels and they were married, but then they moved my desk and they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA
Use a Browser that has Tabs. Or simply try pasting the following link, after signing in

»fubar.com/uberzombie

into the browser, do you still get a blank page can you navigate from there?
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

stevennb
Premium
Wayne, NJ
I've tried it with chrome, firefox,opera and lastly i.e. 11. And I still get the blank page. Eshhh

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA
I know you get an initial blank page with different browsers, but do you get a blank page, with the link I posted when you paste in in the address bar, after signing in? If do not get a blank page with that, can you click on site map and then click on the user's links?

Have you tried turning off MS essentials before you sign in?
--

stevennb
Premium
Wayne, NJ
Yes to both questions. I'm really stumped here (and hungry ....I'm thinking...pizza!)

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA
I'm about to have chicken wings.

You can try running Wireshark and look at the responses. Not sure it will help.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to stevennb
Definitely sounds like a browser security setting and/or antivirus-firewall problem.

stevennb
Premium
Wayne, NJ
It would but I've changed nothing at all (browser or firewall/ mse wise.)

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
I would put it as likely that if you clear cookies/chace & reset your browser settings to the defaults that you'll be loading correctly again. You can try installing a new browser (or going to one you have installed that you don't use) to see if it works before resetting anything.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA
reply to stevennb
said by stevennb:

It would but I've changed nothing at all (browser or firewall/ mse wise.)

But maybe the site changed something which your AV/Firewall/Hosts file does not like.
--

stevennb
Premium
Wayne, NJ
windows firewall and Microsoft security essentials hasn't popped up saying.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA
Try viewing the page source and see if it is also blank or if the browsers are just rendering the page as blank.

stevennb
Premium
Wayne, NJ
If I click "view source" I get the following :
!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
reply to stevennb
Turn off all firewalls and antivirus and try again.

stevennb
Premium
Wayne, NJ
will do.

stevennb
Premium
Wayne, NJ
reply to rick0204
I tried both and nothing. I even swapped out my router and got the same result. Utterly weird. The funny thing is I can log in via my cell phone.

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
reply to stevennb
You can try to use system restore and select a date maybe a month ago. Sometimes that will correct an update that was corrupted. Good luck.

stevennb
Premium
Wayne, NJ
reply to stevennb
ISSUED RESOLVED : apparently the site was IP banning me. I emailed them and asked why? They said "we don't know why."

Ummm ok.