All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

twoplustwo
@198.231.16.x

twoplustwo

Anon

My Acanac VOIP has been down since Sept 4th 2013 with no end in sight!!!

After almost 8 weeks of inbound calls receiving the message that "my account has been suspended due to exceeding the 50 call limit" now for three weeks running inbound calls are directed to a busy signal. I can make outbound calls however anyone calling my phone number connect with my number and receive a busy signal. When I check my "received calls log" on the dashboard it shows that every inbound call is forwarded to "972597342605". Not sure what that forwarded number represents however I have no control over what is happening here. All my VOIP features on the dashboard are disabled. Acanac is essentially forwarding my number to a busy signal or perhaps my number remains under suspension after 11 weeks and counting.

When I reach out to Acanac's "customer non-support" department they send me meaningless responses some of which are totally unrelated. I have not had a worse experience with any service I have received in my entire life. Acanac service is beyond laughable in that you cannot communicate directly with them and they cannot fix your issues. So once you are stuck you will NEVER be unstuck EVER!!!!!!

I was told by a sales person, the only human voice I could complain to, that "Acanac does not care about your issues since they know that if you leave 10 others will join due to their low cost". Very short term strategy. Clearly this company will not last too long!

Canaca
Premium Member
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

2 edits

Canaca

Premium Member

Can you provide me with the ticket Id and I will have one of my admins look into it right away.

If you don't have a ticket ID please PM me the Phone number.

With that said I am concerned that either your ATA or soft phone client may be compromised. While I wait for your response please make sure your ATA is not accessible from the outside. Only within your LAN. If your are using a soft phone make sure your computer is not compromised.

Can you also let me know who you spoke with. If you can provide with the exact time and day we can bring up the recording.

Fergless
Premium Member
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Fergless to twoplustwo

Premium Member

to twoplustwo

Already being looked into !

I replied on the Community forum to this same customer with the same issue.

This is the one I emailed you about Paul.

Tks

Canaca
Premium Member
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

2 edits

Canaca to twoplustwo

Premium Member

to twoplustwo

Acanac Inc.

It looks like your ATA or soft phone is set to forward as you can see here:
-- AGI Script Executing Application: (Dial) Options: (SIP/**********|30)
-- Called **************
-- Got SIP response 302 "Moved Temporarily" back from **.**.**.**
-- Now forwarding SIP/******-router-***** to 'Local/************@inside' (thanks to SIP/******-*****)

This is being done locally on your end. If you did not do this yourself I suspect that either your ATA or soft phone have been compromised.

We setup your account with a clean soft phone and ATA and it worked perfectly fine.

As for the panel issues this is intentional since your account was flag for potential fraud. (An international number forward will automatically trigger the fraud flag.)

1. If your using an ATA please reset your device.

2. Make sure it is only accessible through your LAN and please change the default PW.

3. If your using a soft phone please make sure your computer has not been compromised.

twoplustwo
@distributel.net

twoplustwo

Anon

At last my problem has been resolved. I now have a perfectly working VOIP phone. The root cause may have been a hacker changing the settings on my phone prompting Acanac to suspend my account. That said, does not take away from the fact that Acanac customer service was not able to help me at all over the last 2.5 months. This has been very frustrating for me having submitted countless emergency requests for help and received no help at all - until now.

Thanks to Paul and the customer service team for trouble shooting on their end and determining that my ATA was likely hacked. I reset it with all the right parameters and all is working fine now. You have restored my faith in Acanac so THANK YOU!
chall2k56
join:2007-10-03
Edmonton, AB

chall2k56 to twoplustwo

to twoplustwo

Re: My Acanac VOIP has been down since Sept 4th 2013 with no end in sight!!!

Now remember, unfortunately this is a lesson in making sure that you remain vigilant in the fight against hackers.

Change passwords frequently, check your PC for spyware/malware, if using wifi, make sure its protected with WEP or WPA. There are those here on the forum who may be able to help

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy

said by chall2k56:

if using wifi, make sure its protected with WEP or WPA.

Never use WEP encryption for your wifi, anyone close with an android phone can hack it in minutes. Always use WPA-2 and use a random password generator.

Also, any issues you have, try calling in/sending in a ticket. If that does not work, contact Paul/Fergless here by PM immediately and they will help you ASAP!

Fergless
Premium Member
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Fergless

Premium Member

said by "rednekcowboy" :
Also, any issues you have, try calling in/sending in a ticket. If that does not work, contact Paul/Fergless here by PM immediately and they will help you ASAP!

Or as the OP did as well, post on the Community Forum.