share rss forum feed

delt4
Congrats BUCCOS
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1

Want to get a new XM radio

I was thinking of getting a new radio for my wife's vehicle. The one she has now is a clip on unit (not integrated into the vehicle) and is currently failing, as the knobs don't work correctly and the remote controller it is lost.
She ALREADY has a subscription to Sirius-XM. So I won't need another or a new subscription.
The one she has now has a remote function, so it would be a nice bonus to have that. Also, it would be great if she could move this unit from the car to the house to play through the radio at home. Any suggestions on a decent radio?
Are these any good?
»www.crutchfield.com/p_220LYNX/Si···5&awdv=c

delt4
Congrats BUCCOS
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
I will try general questions and see if I get an answer there!

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to delt4
I have an original SkyFi that I use for home (plus a new unopened spare/replacement). I also have an OEM module that I installed when I bought my last car that had the antenna but not the radio. That being said, just recently I bought an XM Snap so I could use it on the possibility of a car that might not have XM at all. I bought the XM Snap for $20.
The XM Onyx seems to be a nice little unit.
But the Lynx looks very nice with the WiFi feature for your home if you have WiFi in your home (who doesn't at this point).
--
"The level of sacrifice that you give is beyond my comprehension. If the rest of us in the Country showed the level sacrifice that you do on a daily basis, we wouldn't have any of the problems we have." - Comedian Lewis Black speaking to the US troops.