Search similar:

uniqs
HSalas
join:2008-11-12
Dubuque, IA

1 edit

HSalas

[IA] ESPN, other networks out

Here in Dubuque, ESPN, the rest of the ESPN family and several other networks (SyFy, Discovery, CNN, TNT) are out both on regular def and HD. Local channnels come in OK. The phone rep claims no knowledge of any satellite issues and wants to send a service crew to our house - next Tuesday! I suspect there's some incoming satellite signal issue to Mediacom due to the number of channels that are out. Anyone else with the same issue?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I've gone ahead and checked the headend for your area. All of those channels are coming in clean. Are you having this issue on multiple televisions or just 1? I can try to send some signals over to the cable box that is having the issue, or all of them to try and get this repaired for you.
HSalas
Dubuque, IA

HSalas

Multiple TVs, both with (2) and without (3) the cable box

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

That's definitely going to be some sort of signal issue there locally for you. A technician would be needed and I see you have one scheduled on the 19th like you mentioned. I'll go ahead and work with local dispatch to try and get something sooner for you. I will update you here with any information I find out.
HSalas
Dubuque, IA

HSalas

Ok, but why only a group of channels? I think I'm up to date with paying my bill, by the way. And, the standard def versions of those channels are also out.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6 to HSalas

to HSalas
I am in Dubuque and I am getting these channels at 8:23 p.m. local time.
HSalas
Dubuque, IA

HSalas

What part of town are you in? I'm in Asbury.
HSalas

HSalas

Oh, and by the way, our internet has slowed down dramatically also - only 0.2 Mbps by speedtest.
HSalas

HSalas

Click for full size
Here's what I see:
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6

said by k9iua6:

I am in Dubuque and I am getting these channels at 8:23 p.m. local time.

Near UD and Senior. I can get all the SD channels you mention. (I don't have Family HD, so can't check those.) And the internet is fine also.
rfnut
Premium Member
join:2002-04-27
Fisher, IL

rfnut to HSalas

Premium Member

to HSalas
A: Some channels missing. + B: "Oh, and by the way, our internet has slowed down dramatically also - only 0.2 Mbps by speedtest." = signal problem locally. may not be in house, but not usually system wide.

Some channels can be lost due to signal issues such as low/high signal or interference at a given frequency. I am like you and consistently have occasional hiccups where I will lose several channels for a time. Coming from the analog days, I immediately think a satellite feed issue. Especially because I still remember most of the major channels satellite and and transponder numbers to correlate but I am slowly getting used the change.
I blame the government for forced digital conversion. I would rather have snowy pictures that are watchable, than all or nothing but I digress....

and I do not expect a "I can help" response MediacomChad See Profile. It is the consequence of expanding this type of system onto existing infrastructure in rural areas and is acceptable to me as is.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

Thats why I got rid of mediacom for cable at the house. Tried it during the trial period and boxs were clunky and the channel drop outs were a problem.

But I will give mediacomchad credit he did get my Upload caped at 2.5 fixed so I now get my full 10 up
rfnut
Premium Member
join:2002-04-27
Fisher, IL

rfnut

Premium Member

He/She does wonders for the customer, thats for sure.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

you have to admit to get 105/10 in fisher is amazing at that. I remember when the tech was out to look at the upload problem and ran a speedtest and said you cant be getting that much download the headend cant handle it. I said I was upgraded from 50/5 to this.
HSalas
Dubuque, IA

HSalas

It's happening again, no signal on many cable networks but getting local channels just fine. And, internet is down to 0.1-0.2 Mbps down, but still about 2 Mbps up.