neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Speaking of multimeters

In my line of work, I use multimeters. Problem is, I use so many functions, I have to carry a multitude of devices. What I normally do:

Measure wet and dry bulb temperatures. (Sometimes at the same time)
Measure voltages, AC (from 24 to 480) and DC
Measure mA current
Measure AC Amps
Measure resistance and continuity
Drive a 4-20mA signal

The meters I have now are a Fluke 789 Processmeter, and a Extech MA200 clamp meter.

The Fluke is my personal meter, and the Extech is a company tool.

What I want, is to find a meter that can do all of what I have said above (maybe except for the 4-20mA drive). It has to be a quality meter. I don't trust this Extech any farther than I can throw it. Also, I don't want to break the bank. Yeah, the 789 cost a fair amount, but I was able to make payments on it through my previous employer.

Any ideas? Also, extra features are always a plus.
shezams
My Other Car Is A Zamboni
Premium Member
join:2001-08-14
Hyattsville, MD

shezams

Premium Member

The process meter is a good choice. I do not think you will find exactly what you want otherwise though. »store.vaisala.com/us/pro ··· M40/hm40 has some very high quality and very pricey humidity and temp sensing equipment - we have some of it at work, and we use their duct and space sensors. If you find an effective and compact solution let me know. To be honest, in my work most of our automation sensors are far more accurate than what we check them with, and it is important to remember that.