spc
uniqs
drivel
join:2013-07-12
Santa Clara, CA

drivel to tommyanon

to tommyanon

Re: whats google real plan for next year

Everyone who has an Android phone has a gmail address, and Android has a 80% market share. 75% of the world population has a mobile phone. The world is moving away from the old PSTN system.

Google wants a closed system and has a sufficiently large market share that they should be able to make it work.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by drivel:

Everyone who has an Android phone has a gmail address....

Good point, but it's not quite everyone.

My wife and I both have Android phones, but we have never activated gmail accounts for them.

Google is like kudzu, seriously invasive.

I need to use various Google services, but try to minimize them, and to seek alternatives where possible. I'm not yet ready to hand over my entire life to them, any more than I would want that of the NSA.
hszeto (banned)
join:2002-06-05

hszeto (banned) to drivel

to drivel
First, Mobile phone still are using old PSTN system.

Second, there are still about 35% mobile phone users use dumb phone, but it is continuing to decrease.

Third, an android phone does not have to have an activated gmail address to operate. Gmail is popular in United States but not else where.

Fourth, there are hundred closed system communication app for Android. Without free calling to PSTN it is hard to make Google stands out, let alone concern over Google data mining practice.