MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

3 recommendations

howieh

MVM

[Serious] Any Smokers Here?

The following is copied from something that I posted on Facebook today:

My quarterly lung infection has arrived and again the doctor is going to let me try to deal with it at home. Got a shot today and started my two weeks of antibiotics, steroids and sucking albuterol sulfate out of a nebulizer. At least I don't have to do it in the hospital, yet. I owe all of this to smoking. If you are a smoker, maybe some day you can share in all of this fun too.

Today is also the 2nd anniversary of my release from the hospital after having cardiac bypass surgery. Wanna guess at what caused my need for the surgery?

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

1 recommendation

onDvine

Premium Member

Take care, howieh. I hope you can avoid the hospital. Cigarettes sure do cause miserable problems.

suprleg
Abracadabra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-06
Garden Grove, CA

1 recommendation

suprleg to howieh

Premium Member

to howieh
Hoping for the best from here, get better real soon, howieh.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

signmeuptoo94 to howieh

Premium Member

to howieh
And guilt and recriminations just make matters worse. I lost my mom to emphysema and she was a heavy smoker and didn't quit. She died quite young. I have a sibling that I try to broach the topic and can't even mention it or there's WWIII.

Get well, howieh. Remember we've all got something, me it's my weight, I'm 250 pounds. I take a LOT of medicine. We sure do make a mess of ourselves sometimes. But look at it this way, there's a lot that could have gone wrong that didn't.

I have a very mild asthma, in the morning, at work, because of the nature of my job, a gag and cough a lot.

There's always going on a wheat grass supplement diet! (I'm actually kinda serious, it's cheap to make, except for the juicer, and they have hand juicers, and you mix it with orange juice or something mild, 2 ounces a day and your fortified BIG TIME!)

Be well, sir!

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

3 recommendations

rfhar to howieh

Premium Member

to howieh
howieh, everybody pays for our youthful foolishness in someway. Sometimes the paying is just more visible to others. Said a prayer for you.

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
ARRIS NVG589

2 recommendations

Gizmo to howieh

MVM

to howieh
Smoking is the largest cause of preventable death in the world.

Sending MOJO your way for a speedy recovery, howie!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 edit

1 recommendation

Sunny to howieh

to howieh
I'm signing Giz' card and praying for a quick recovery, Howie. Please heed the warning and beware of clowns as well!

Edit because that sentence didn't make sense. Can you tell I am more scattered than ever? Scrambling to catch up with all that was left undone around here during the past year of recovery from surgeries, sorry.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

1 recommendation

Santa Fe to howieh

to howieh
Prayers & MoJo being sent.

lonnyb
Blessed Beyond Belief
Premium Member
join:2004-01-25
San Antonio, TX

lonnyb to howieh

Premium Member

to howieh
I don't smoke unless they cremate my remains.
lonnyb

1 recommendation

lonnyb to howieh

Premium Member

to howieh
I also am praying for you.