how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kmid
Premium
join:2012-04-10

1 edit

[Latency] Thank you level 2 tech, you're an idiot, but I still thank you.

Click for full size
stellar performance
Click for full size
stellar performance
I want to take this opportunity to thank the last level 2 tech that I talked to last week. Because of the repeated shitty service that we have had with Windstream over the last 5 years, i.e. the latency, slow connections, network issues; my request to have a tech (which for this area is a complete incompetent idiot), to come out to check for open shorts in the line. Tech response; and I quote: "we will not send a tech out and if you aren't satisfied, I would suggest that you change to a different provider." THANK YOU,...I will take your advise and I am happy to say that I am switching. Long time in coming and to be honest, I should have done it sooner. Thank you, thank you. Moving to a company with 10 times the speed for a fraction of increased cost. Personally, I can't wait. Christmas in November.

iowaboy
Premium
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA
yepper, that is being heard a lot anymore. I was told to call the cable company and change to them as they have better internet than what Windstream can provide. Solid truth right from the lips of 2 field techs.

kmid
Premium
And I've heard EVERY excuse in the book; from your house wiring is bad; nope 0=0 wiring is perfect; to "we're working on a latency problem in your area". REALLY, you morons, you've been "working" on it for 5 frickin' years now. Can't you get it right in that time,...obviously not.

dragonman300

join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA
kudos:1
reply to kmid
You switching to satellite?? If I were you, I will stick with slow dsl. Satellite is expensive.

Entre Nous

join:2013-05-14
Campobello, SC
reply to kmid
What other option do you have? I can tell you here in Campobello SC. we have no other option.
I am glad to hear you can get 10 times faster. Please tell us so we can do it too!

kmid
Premium
reply to kmid
Click for full size
Once again, stellar performance. And they still refuse to send out a tech.

Furydeath

join:2010-06-03
reply to kmid
other option? What in the world is this other option you talk of.

kmid
Premium
Anything other than this mouse on a wheel

Shep1478

join:2000-11-23
Dahlonega, GA
reply to kmid
..and just how much Stimulus cash did WS receive and how long ago? I would have thought problems would have long been a distant nightmare by now. I've been told 6 different ETR's in the last 18 months. Next one is Jan 5, 2014. I'm sure the one following that will be Apr 20, 2014 and then July 2014. It's a pattern that's getting quite old.

iowaboy
Premium
Fairfield, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
·Windstream
·WildBlue
If I could get the cable company to call back when I make a request for service I would be gone also. But since they feel they have all the customers they need I haven't heard back from them either. But I really can't say they will be any better unless they did something to improve since the last time I had them before I moved.

kmid
Premium
reply to kmid
Only thing that I can recommend is look into all your options. Here in Texas, once they get done with their fiber and hardware updates, service should get much better. Like comments above, they promise one date, but not to be believed. One thing is guaranteed, they will raise their rates to help pay for the millions they are spending in fiber. Question is, does anyone want to wait around to see? Options cost a bit more, but are well worth it.

P.S. A very polite tier I informed me yesterday (for my area); that they are 1) restricting bw in the area because of the work, 2) they had oversold the dslam, 3) no techs are responding to slow/latency calls, 4) not a clue as to when they will be finished with the upgrades, and most important 5) that not a clue as to what revised pricing will be after.

What would be great to see is a level III field tech explain why they can't mirror the field and c.o. upgrades and do them in parallel. Without exception all large oil and tech companies do just this. Would also like to hear from Windstreams commercial customers to see if they have been restricted.

kmid
Premium
Forgot to mention, I did get a $20 credit. Only took 4 calls and too much time to count.

Cricket noises from Windstream monitors about my comment above about their commercial customers service vs it's residential (restricted) service. I can't hold my breath that long.

kmid
Premium
reply to kmid
Click for full size
Last post. No company can be that incompetent,...just nincompoops.

iowaboy
Premium
Fairfield, IA
well I believe they are now in the Webster's Dictionary when you look up the meaning of incompetent. They took the honor away fro Congress.

AZinOH

join:2007-04-25
Swanton, OH
reply to kmid
Add me to the list of those asking: Who is your new provider and how much are you saving? I've seen no reply yet and you were asked over 2 weeks ago.

AZ

kmid
Premium
reply to kmid
You would be right.

AZinOH

join:2007-04-25
Swanton, OH
reply to kmid
I still get all or most of the 12MB speed during the day. During peak times, it begins to look like this:

Silver_2000
Premium
join:2005-12-12
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Windstream
They would send a tech if it MIGHT hep. The reason they dont is because they know that there is NOTHING the tech can do. The system is over sold and no tech visit will fix the fact that they have thousands of customers on systems designed for hundreds.
They tell you to go elsewhere because they know that MOST people are in contract. Wind stream gets paid whether you stay or go.
Ironically its good advice - just in many places there are no options

Long term that strategy CANT work. Their shareholders will be left holding the bag ... The stock is trading near 52 week lows and very close to 5 year lows. Its my hope that Karma bites them in the butt....
»investing.businessweek.com/resea···cker=WIN

iowaboy
Premium
Fairfield, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
·Windstream
·WildBlue
Well unfortunately for us they will milk it for all they can. It is really bad when they know they have a bad line running to 3 customers and they will not fix it. Why? Well the area manager stated he will not fix it for just 1 customer. Well there are 3 of us and 2 have DSL. Worse thing that could happen was our phone company sell out to Windstream.