spc
uniqs

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to LoPhatPhuud

to LoPhatPhuud

Re: [IE] Downgrade to IE 10 from IE 11

said by LoPhatPhuud:

When using Compatibility View settings, while you can add websites, it may be easier to just select the 'Use Microsoft compatibility lists' checkbox. This will eliminate the need to continually add sites as needed.

That is the default settings. You only add sites when it is not in the MS compatibility lists.

LoPhatPhuud
MVM
join:2002-01-06
Albuquerque, NM

LoPhatPhuud

MVM

I thought that using the lists was the default as well, but several people have been posting in the Comcast forums that they were getting an 'Upgrade required' message from Comcast when they tried to access any Comcast website. In checking, the 'Use Microsoft compatibility lists' was not selected. When it was selected, the upgrade message disappeared and they could use the site as usual.

When you start IE11 the first time after upgrade you are offered a choice of default settings or custom settings. When I upgraded my Win 7, IE10 computer this morning, after starting IE11 the 'Use Microsoft compatibility lists' box was checked. I had selected to use defaults on the first start of IE11.

That raises the question, does selecting the Custom option on IE11 first start turn off the 'Use Microsoft compatibility lists'? It would seem this is the case and it makes sense.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

said by LoPhatPhuud:

That raises the question, does selecting the Custom option on IE11 first start turn off the 'Use Microsoft compatibility lists'? It would seem this is the case and it makes sense.

It might as well be. I don't remember the options how I updated to W8.1 from W8 but I ended up with MS compatability lists enabled in IE11.