spc
Search similar:

uniqs

T0ny
@optonline.net

T0ny

Anon

[help] TM802 port forwarding

Hello, does anybody know a way to check if ports are open on with the Arris TM802, and if they are not, how does one port forward?

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven

Mod

The TM802 is a cable modem (eMTA - embedded multimedia terminal adapter) - you don't have any access to the "working internals".

What port or ports are you trying to deal with for what protocol? Do you have a router?

t0ny
@optonline.net

t0ny

Anon

No router, it's for utorrent, downloading is fast, upload is slow....

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven

Mod

I'll point you to this
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Po ··· rwarding
and note that most discussions are in the context of a router. Which you aren't using, so it doesn't apply. As I said, there are no user-configurable items within the TM802.

You might want to start a thread in the »Filesharing Software forum - someone might know of a configuration trick for your client software that could help. Post the client you're using and the service you're having "issues" with.

t0ny
@optonline.net

t0ny

Anon

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post, I appreciate it.

Booost
@optonline.net

Booost to T0ny

Anon

to T0ny
The TM802 acts like a bridge, and does not affect the data in any way.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to T0ny

to T0ny
If a port is blocked by the modem, it would drop all traffic, not just slow it down. The fact that some gets through is proof enough that it's open.
cablewizzard
join:2009-06-14
Woodbury, NY

1 recommendation

cablewizzard to t0ny

to t0ny
Over in the other thread (»New Firmware- TM822G) , I identified your TM802 cable modem as BROKEN, because it's holding onto a stone-old software version (7.3.65) that CV upgraded to 7.3.123 over TWO YEARS ago - and a reboot on your part did not fix this. A modem that fails to upgrade has a high chance of being broken in multiple other ways - it can't be trusted to provide predictable or stable service - at all.

Thus: Why am I not surprised that you're reporting service problems of ANY kind?
Does this in any shape or form come, err: unexpected for anyone here?

Fix the things that you were told you have to fix first.
Self-diagnostics and self-medication, as evidenced in THIS thread, is counterproductive for you.